The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I meant the opposite actually. 

He has played 912 games at the highest level.

He knows his role and plays it well.

Great bang for buck cap wise.

He has won a cup.

You need your stars and you need your Luke Schenn's

It wasn't clear what you were pointing out, but yeah, EK at 15 compared to Luke or Bogosian

was what I thought you were referring to. 

But for someone who didn't quite live up to his draft position, like you say, still playing 

and contributing in an effective way, while winning two Stanley Cups, and still playing is 

quite impressive. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bad alice french said:

Much better chance of it being a high pick compared to the Rangers, Carolina Boston, or Seattle. 

First round pick was always gonna be a centrepiece to the trade. The prospect and the roster player are definitely up for debate. I feel one thing that isn’t debateable is the fact that management targeted a team like the islanders where they felt they could nudge themselves as close as possible to the top 10 pick. Islanders are not trending well right now.

Again, if the pick were in the 20's, the rest of the package would be better.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I don’t think he’s allowed to call it a rebuild, it’s in his contract.

Will be interested to see if the early Bo trade opens a long window on a secondary market for Miller. If not, could be good to have a vet or two throughout our young lineup. Take some pressure off a new young Captain, perhaps.

Miller? Take pressure off? Guy does a lot of yelling and pouting. Don't see him being a stable vet support system for anyone. Lol.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It has another Vancouverite Macklin Celebrini rated the #1 NA 2006 prospect. Currently USHL superstar.

Already NHL size at 5'11" 185lbs.

The Athletic calls him the all odds favorite for 1st overall.

Committed to Boston College where his brother is also going next year. 

His favorite player was Kesler. His scouting report describes him as an elite 2-way forward. Often the first forward you see coming back. 

His dad use to work for the Canucks a while ago and in the 2010 olympics. He now works for the Golden State Warriors who remark his work as "Genius". Dr. Rick Celebrini is internationally recognized as one of North America's leading sport and orthopedic physiotherapists.

He and Cole eiserman are good. Kviharju would be a game changer for us.

Just now, 4petesake said:

I would take Peeke in a heartbeat. RD at a good cap for 2 more years which is why I can’t see him being available.

Take back Nyquist (expiring cap), Peeke and a prospect (Del Bel Belluz)... They get a guy below market, with term to a team that has trouble retaining talent.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The pick is top 12 protected because even the 11th pick can still win the lottery.  That's why they did it that way.  Imagine trading the 11th pick in the draft for a rental and then the other team wins the lottery with that pick and drafts Bedard?  Lou would need secret service protection if that happened.  Any GM would have made the pick top 12 protected...

I just checked, the 12th protected can move up 10 spots, so move up to 2nd overall and miss out on Bedard.

The NHL Draft Lottery gives the bottom 16 teams in the standings different odds of picking first or second overall. The team with the worst record and the least points has the best odds, whereas the team that just missed out on the playoffs has a better chance. You are only able to move up ten picks in the draft.Jan 9, 2023

• Thanks 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Let's hope we get a top 3 pick.  All 3 of those guys are franchise players I think.  If people don't think that the tank is on right now then I don't know what to say.  Both Horvat and Mikheyev are out.  Schenn might be next.  Maybe Boeser.  Maybe even Demko.  We do have a legit shot at a top 3 pick IMO...

I'd even say top 4.......top 4 for sure

Okay okay okay the more I think about it 

the more I like this 

not a home run, but definitely not a bad deal AT ALL 

He also picked the best trading partner to get a 1st from. Don’t want bostons 1st when we can instead draft like 15 spots better. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, stanleysteamersmyl said:

I just checked, the 12th protected can move up 10 spots, so move up to 2nd overall and miss out on Bedard.

The NHL Draft Lottery gives the bottom 16 teams in the standings different odds of picking first or second overall. The team with the worst record and the least points has the best odds, whereas the team that just missed out on the playoffs has a better chance. You are only able to move up ten picks in the draft.Jan 9, 2023

Imagine jumping into the #1 spot with Vans pick and NYI jump to #2?  Bedard and Fantilli?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is a possibility that Michkov goes at 3 instead of Carlsson.  If that is the case then maybe we can get him at 4.  Or if we are at 5 that second 1st round pick may be enough to entice let's say Arizona to move down one spot.  But I agree, moving up in this draft will be difficult...

ive also heard that he is the most likely to drop as well... he is signed through the 2026 season

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1