The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

16 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Looks like alot of them want Lou gone and want to rebuild.  They are pissed that they traded their top prospect plus a 1st round pick and they aren't even a playoff team.  I do agree with them.  It's crazy for them to make this deal when they may not even make the playoffs.  Desperate move by Lou IMO.

Also, I didn't realize the Islanders have traded their 1st round pick 4 years in a row now.  Crazy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

it was not ideal losing horvat.... but i think we won this trade hands down.... will the draft pick materialize into a real player.. that remains to be seen.. but as of immediate reaction this a lopsided trade..

I'm just happy it's more a futures oriented trade. Shows at least some discipline and patience with trading for a prospect and pick. Just hoping we stick to our guns and not rush it.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Soooo who’s 53 on the Islanders now? Bo wears it to honour a passed friend. Cizikas where’s it because that’s the number they gave him in rookie camp and he never bothered to change it.

Bo doesn't seem like the kind of guy to demand another's number. I'm sure he'll just pick something else.

• Vintage 3

12 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Bingo!

A good valued 1st round pick, an excellent prospect in Raty and Beauvillier could be a low-key decent add.

Beauvillier is only 25 years old and former 1st round pick. Had some pretty decent junior numbers and cracked the NHL right away. Near 500 games played already at about 0.5ppg career pace. Don't think he's been on a line with a player like Petey before, so perhaps he could see his offensive output elevated.

Best player was Barzal and I just don’t think they played well together.

I’m expecting him to flank JT Miller

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Islanders fans seem to think they are really lucky to shed Beauvillier as a cap dump.

We paid a 2nd just to get rid of a few hundred thousand in the Dickenson-Stillman swap So taking on $4.1 x two years is a big hit.

If we got another overpaid winger while we are considering buying out a better one in Garland, that doesn’t make much sense.

We are worse in the short term for the next two years.  I can accept that if they proceed to really go down that path by moving a few more players.

If they did this move and follow it up by trying to make us “competitive” next year then this isn’t a good plan.  We would have been better off taking a later 1st without taking any money back beyond this season.

I would not make judgement from fans perspective.... but you do you.... I See his underlying numbers and statsand see a diamond in the rough...

• RoughGame 1

I’m happy with this trade. The team needed a big change. Bo was a very good player, but not a star, and getting a mid-1st round pick and a good prospect C and middle-6 winger seems fair. I’m sure there are more moves coming, and I’m excited to watch a different team down the stretch and over the next few years.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like alot of them want Lou gone and want to rebuild.  They are pissed that they traded their top prospect plus a 1st round pick and they aren't even a playoff team.  I do agree with them.  It's crazy for them to make this deal when they may not even make the playoffs.  Desperate move by Lou IMO.

Also, I didn't realize the Islanders have traded their 1st round pick 4 years in a row now.  Crazy.

I think there’s a reality that exists where this trade is a win for both sides

Bo takes a lot of pressure off Barzal. And if they lock him up they have their 1-2 punch for a long time. 

But I see us winning this trade ultimately in the end 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree ,   I think this and next season is Lou’s time to prove himself after inheriting a pretty good team.

1 minute ago, Isam said:

If hecwants it, then he will work out a deal like a vacation or something for czikas

Yeah I'm sure they could work it out if they wanted to. But Cizikas has been in the league longer than Bo. I can't imagine him waltzing in and trying to take the number off him. 

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

Islanders fans seem to think they are really lucky to shed Beauvillier as a cap dump.

We paid a 2nd just to get rid of a few hundred thousand in the Dickenson-Stillman swap So taking on $4.1 x two years is a big hit.

If we got another overpaid winger while we are considering buying out a better one in Garland, that doesn’t make much sense.

We are worse in the short term for the next two years.  I can accept that if they proceed to really go down that path by moving a few more players.

If they did this move and follow it up by trying to make us “competitive” next year then this isn’t a good plan.  We would have been better off taking a later 1st without taking any money back beyond this season.

i think he’s gonna come in and fit well

in our top 9.

I like his tenacity and his speed.

in the right system / line mates he could really fit in well. 

i like what he brings dollar value over

gsrland and boeser of this season as his skill set and attributes are different and fit better roles we need to compliment our core pieces.

plus he can PK 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your as slithery as a pickled herring Timra , I’d bet your meds on it ;)

haven’t seen you in here for awhile,  I truly hope all is well in your world. :gocan:

Damn it, you read my post before my edit.

You got more to read. 

All is well and Timrå plays alright for now.

We don’t eat pickled herring here.

The can(in the film) with the fermented fish we eat is made in Timrå.

So you should order a few cans yourself and man up. ::D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Yeah I'm sure they could work it out if they wanted to. But Cizikas has been in the league longer than Bo. I can't imagine him waltzing in and trying to take the number off him. 

It will be some form of payment or another. Don't think it be as bad as football. Man those number changes can get crazy expensive.

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I think there’s a reality that exists where this trade is a win for both sides

Bo takes a lot of pressure off Barzal. And if they lock him up they have their 1-2 punch for a long time. 

But I see us winning this trade ultimately in the end 

The Islanders have alot of older forwards, 30+.  Plus they just traded their top prospect and haven't had a 1st round pick in 4 years.  Not sure how long their window will be.  Maybe 3-4 years.  Lou is all in on this trade.  If it doesn't work out then they will need to get rid of Lou and tear it all down...

• Vintage 2