The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Yeah but the 1st being protected is crap though.

Which is why every fan should be rooting against the Isles now.

That pick sliding into 2024 is the best thing that could happen. The Isles are a Sorokin injury away from being a bottom 5 team.

A move like that is how the Avs got Byram.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm definitely in the minority, but I actually think we got great value considering Horvat is a pending UFA. Glad we got a 1st and Raty is a great prospect. A RHD would've been great, but specific needs aside, I think we got good value here.

We have all summer to fix the D. Reality is it is a dollar in dollar out league right now. We have to retain to make the deal happen. I think we did really well here. Now it is on us to develop Ratu and our first round draft pick. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I'm definitely in the minority, but I actually think we got great value considering Horvat is a pending UFA. Glad we got a 1st and Raty is a great prospect. A RHD would've been great, but specific needs aside, I think we got good value here.

1st rounder

Beauvillier former 1st

and Raty a 2nd rounder.

for a pending UFA that will be testing the market this summer.

that's a pretty good haul.

Now imagine if we sign Horvat this sunmer!:emot-parrot:

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

I would. Stick him on PP1 AND on KUZ-EP line. Easy value driver

Good call

• Huggy Bear 2

2 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Yeah but the 1st being protected is crap though.

No team was going to give us an unprotected 1st in a deep draft for a player on an expiring deal unless that team was an absolute lock for the playoffs. 

This was the best possible 1st rd pick we were going to get. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I honestly don't think we are the minority. I just think the naysayers are really vocal. This is easily one of the best value 1sts we could have gotten. They are tenth in the Eastern conference. They are a team that can't score. I don't think many here would say Bo was the play driver. It is Petey, Hughes and Miller.

Will Bo magically turn them into a scoring machine? Not likely. That pick is very likely to stay around 13-19. They are 3 points shy of Washington, 2 points behind Pittsburgh who also have 3 fewer games played. I don't view Bo as that much of a difference maker. They have 2 players with 40 or more points this season. We had 5 prior to trading Horvat. If he thought he was playing with bad wingers here, wait til he gets a load of their wingers. Cause he ain't playing with Barzal and Brock Nelson.

• Cheers 4

Just now, BlastPast said:

Have to think that part of the {1st + Raty} component is an incentive to take Beauvillie; 4.15 X 2 seems a little rich for what he brings, but maybe he can find a new level here.

Plus retention on Bo, so not even any cap savings.  Plus AB has another season at $4.1m