The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Devils are lining up prospects to pursue Quinn Hughes

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Again, if they want to back up the prospect Brinks truck....

Nemec, Mukhamadullin, their 1st +...sure.

I just don't know why they would do that and basically throw a wrench in what is presently a solid roster build that doesn't need Hughes (beyond the marketing).

I’ve been listening to espn from nyc.  They rarely talk hockey, and when they do they mention the Rangers and once in a while the Sabres as teams.  They gave yet to talk about the Devils.  Marketing is much needed for that club to gain some audience that winning can’t do. 

this got a thread...ugh!

If Canucks remote think of dealing Quinn they better see what Rathbone can do when he is healthy. Would SUCK to trade Hughes, Canucks have never had a D like him and he will have broken ever D record before his contract is up!

Would take an insane overpayment to consider moving him. Best be getting 2 top end D prospects back plus more!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Again, if they want to back up the prospect Brinks truck....

Nemec, Mukhamadullin, their 1st +...sure.

I just don't know why they would do that and basically throw a wrench in what is presently a solid roster build that doesn't need Hughes (beyond the marketing).

Dawson Mercer would be the top of my list

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That issue can be solved easily with players brought in. Scott Mayfield for example

Ideally what should happen for our main d corps both out of necessity and realism is:

Hughes/OEL ________
OEL/Hughes ________

_______ Schenn

Bear Burroughs

Move Myers, see if Dermott is a longer term fit with someone 2 to 3 dmen replace with Mayfield being a heavy brought in to off set Hughes.  Current defence mixture is not it and needs retooling. 

that barely moves the needle, imo, and if it were easy, it'd be done.  They need a deal where one guy is headed out and multiple good pieces come back

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

that barely moves the needle, imo, and if it were easy, it'd be done.  They need a deal where one guy is headed out and multiple good pieces come back

Flipping Hughes for magic beans barely moves the needle and potentially moves the needle backwards. 

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

" Rumor: Devils are lining up prospects to pursue Quinn Hughes ""

No they are not. Done lock'er up!

But if they did and the return is great I would consider it.

Honestly, of course this is my opinion only, my feeling is that Hughes will want to join his brothers when his contract expires.

So better get the return now than lose him for nothing.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not enough IMO. The 1st would be like a 2nd (NJ would finish high). Also, no one knows what Nemec will be like in the NHL. Big gamble. Forget the 1st.

Mercer

McLeod

Bahl

Nemec

How bad does NJ want Quinn?

And the Devils would pay that to get the third brother. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not enough IMO. The 1st would be like a 2nd (NJ would finish high). Also, no one knows what Nemec will be like in the NHL. Big gamble. Forget the 1st.

Mercer

McLeod

Bahl

Nemec

How bad does NJ want Quinn?

For me it would take:

Bratt (sure thing top line player)

Mercer (young player)

Nemec (top prospect)

1st rounder 2023 (draft capital)

FOR 

Quinn Hughes

Even then I'd seriously consider not doing it. I don't think we really know the value Hughes brings to our lineup. Without him we are dead last in the league and with him we already are close. Maybe we should have traded him there in offseason to secure Bedard.

• Cheers 2

The hockey panel came up with this silly trade idea during intermission in last night's game. I believe it was Hughes for Mercer, Nemec and a 1st. 

Maybe they thought it would be interesting, seeing as Jack was playing against Quinn and the TDL is a few weeks away.

So, did Sportsnet start this rumour?

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

The hockey panel came up with this silly trade idea during intermission in last night's game. I believe it was Hughes for Mercer, Nemec and a 1st. 

Maybe they thought it would be interesting, seeing as Jack was playing against Quinn and the TDL is a few weeks away.

So, did Sportsnet start this rumour?

100% click bait bs rumour. NJ needs a Giordano/Muzzin type far more than Quinn.