The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, Feb 9/23 Vancouver Canucks (20-27-4) @ New York Islanders (27-22-5) 4:30PT at UBS Arena TV: SNP RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

• -DLC- featured and pinned this topic

Injuries.

Defence depth will be challenged.

Schenn may not play, they should sit him, I think he tweeked his back, that usually needs a few days of rest to correct even after seeing a chiropractor.

Hughes will be seeing double and breathing could be an effort.

Both should sit out a couple of games.

The Canucks let in 5 goals and the Islanders will not be backing off the way the Devils and Rangers did, both those teams didn't give 100%.

I expect a loss, the AHL guys will play hard and give effort, the 3rd/4th lines will perform hopefully Boeser looks good for those eastern teams trade possibilities.

Game management could be an issue to equalize

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Injuries.

Defence depth will be challenged.

Schenn may not play, they should sit him, I think he tweeked his back, that usually needs a few days of rest to correct even after seeing a chiropractor.

Hughes will be seeing double and breathing could be an effort.

Both should sit out a couple of games.

The Canucks let in 5 goals and the Islanders will not be backing off the way the Devils and Rangers did, both those teams didn't give 100%.

I expect a loss, the AHL guys will play hard and give effort, the 3rd/4th lines will perform hopefully Boeser looks good for those eastern teams trade possibilities.

Game management could be an issue to equalize

With studz sent home, we only have 2 dmen available as reserves. I think schen will sit out and dermott will be in and they may even play burroughs in case hughes isn't 100% so i'd guess dries would be the odd one out. Who knows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m hoping someone like Miller checks Horvat hard in an open ice hit… just to remind him that 6’0”+, 200 lbs+ leaders on teams are expected to do that once in awhile.

Full On Throw Down!

Now that'd be entertainment folks.

Get it out; get it all out; yeah, stretch that thang.

When you're Bo at High Dough.

(apologies to The Hip)

If Bo hits one of our guys tonight then you know he has beef with him and there truly was division in the locker room.

Edit: oops, let me put this :bigblush: right away so some posters know this is a joke about Bo's lack of physicality. 

Edited by Jester13
  • Haha 1
  • elephant 1