The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blues trade Vladimir Tarasenko, Niko Mikkola to Rangers for Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I can tolerate OEL,  but could not tolerate LE.. so blatent was the lack of performance, and knowing he gets the bonus cheque every Summer..    knife turning.

I mean.. OEL is taking home 10.5 mil this year, and arguable has a worse effect on the teams ability to win. Luckily we're tanking, and we need him to play 20+ mins.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t get why the 1st this year is conditional. As if the Rangers will slide down to a lottery pick….

Dog Gif GIF

I wondered that too.

But the condition is actually based on it being the lower pick between their pick and Dallas’ first which they own from the Lundqvist trade.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So what is the final deal?

To NYR:

Tarasenko

Mikkola

To STL:

Blais

Skinner

1st

4th

?

There's the value of a UFA rental.  We did very well with Bo if that's the case considering how high the NYI pick could be plus Raty (A tier prospect).

Bo is a far, far superior player to Tarsenko.  Apples to oranges.  Canucks also took back a $4.1m cap dump

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bo definitely set the market.

Blues get a late 1st, a 4th, a C prospect and a cap dump.

Seems to be in line.

I wonder if it also set the market in that teams are starting to panic. NYR sees NYI make a splash and they win two in a row. So NYR makes this trade now to try and keep pace. They must have some concern about missing the playoffs with the condition on the 4th set as it is.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bo definitely set the market.

Blues get a late 1st, a 4th, a C prospect and a cap dump.

Seems to be in line.

Hunter Skinner is a busteroo D prospect... he is playing in the ECHL... Blais is technically a cap dump... but 375k is the cap being "dumped" compared to just waived.

this deal is a 1st and 4th (Likely 3rd) for tarasenko and mikkola a very good 6th defenceman

• There it is 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bo is a far, far superior player to Tarsenko.  Apples to oranges.  Canucks also took back a $4.1m cap dump

Bo's also a center the Isles were set on signing, he was never intended to be a rental and the price reflects that 

Rangers didn't need a center, Tarasenko is also almost certainly a rental 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

Not only that, but a 4.1 cap dump with another year on his contract. 

I believe the average NHL salary is in the 3 million range. I don't see Beauvillier as a cap dump. He's even value and with only next year left almost like an experiment. See if he finds his game, he's still young. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I believe the average NHL salary is in the 3 million range. I don't see Beauvillier as a cap dump. He's even value and with only next year left almost like an experiment. See if he finds his game, he's still young. 

LL has being trying to dump that contract for a long time, with no success.  It is defintely a cap dump

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

He's another Garland/Boeser on a team that has way too many passengers who can't drive play. He's another 4.1 million better spent elsewhere, or been weaponized to recoup assets.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

LL has being trying to dump that contract for a long time, with no success.  It is defintely a cap dump

Even if that is the case. He has only a year left and has skills. The potential is there to find his game more so than an aging player. Cap dump? Ok, but I see more potential in him than your typical, older player cap l dump. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

He's another Garland/Boeser on a team that has way too many passengers who can't drive play. He's another 4.1 million better spent elsewhere, or been weaponized to recoup assets.

It's only a year, he's young and skilled and he could also find some game. 

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Even if that is the case. He has only a year left and has skills. The potential is there to find his game more so than an aging player. Cap dump? Ok, but I see more potential in him than your typical, older player cap l dump. 

I don't disagree on his age, but he's still an under sized 10-15 goal scorer on a $4m deal that should have been used elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Not gonna lie, with the addition of Tarasenko that Rangers roster actually looks really good from the top down, he really bolsters their forward depth and their D and tending were already solid

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/rangers

with the addition of mikkola which everyone is sleeping on their defensive depth is also bolstered