The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Rangers fans also call him “The Chosen One” and for some reason have used him as a meme or some inside joke only they know about lol

Probably sarcastically or ironically as he wasn’t doing so well there, after much hype. 

Hope he makes them eat their memes. 

Certainly a buy low project. Lockwood was getting to be limited for his NHL value, a reasonably responsible replacement player but not much more than that. If Kravtsov can find some offensive form, he might be a piece to flip later on for more, or we might be making another move to free up space for him longer term.

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Buy-low on another Beauvillier type project?  I like it (though the pending RFA status would be a bit of a gamble in case he doesn't heat up in the next little while).  
Then again, if we're bottoming out I hope we trade some of Boeser/ Garland, then bring up Hoglander and Kravtsov, play them in the middle 6 with Mikheyev and Podkolzin and restock the wings, then somehow find a fix for the centers (Raty?).

Zlodeyev is licking his chops right now ....

Podz - Zlod - Krav

Get him signed, Alvinov :P

50 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Its a great gamble on a player that hasn't had a shot yet while giving up nothing really.   So great trade.

Again, one could argue the Canucks actually gave up the better prospect.  To me, that's true, but health issues make the trade a reasonable gamble

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, Devron said:

Ya dude hasn’t seen him play and already gave up haha

This is a great trade for Vancouver. Kravtsov 23 - 6'3 - 205, with  lots of talent just never really fit with NYR-- Lots of upside..

Trading Lockwood 5'10 -24 we already have lots of small forward...Kravtsov has lots more upside and we already have 4 Russians for him to fit in with..

Excited about this player..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Petterson649 said:

Wasn't Lockwood the type of player we need to keep? Defensive, aggressive, gritty checking forward?

Traded for a russian clueless jake virtanen

There's a reason he's a former 9th overall who didn't crack the team. Its called a BUST kids

He's injured all the time so at least they got someone that was available to play. I guess Lockwood is a bust because he's frail? 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Petterson649 said:

Wasn't Lockwood the type of player we need to keep? Defensive, aggressive, gritty checking forward?

Traded for a russian clueless jake virtanen

There's a reason he's a former 9th overall who didn't crack the team. Its called a BUST kids

Not just a defensive player, he really found his offensive game in Abby this year.

I have never liked Lockwood.  I think many of the Canucks fans here highly over-rated him.  There was nothing in his NHL game that I could take as needing him on our team.

Looking at Kravstov's highlights.....he has great moves.  If he can be part of a highly offensive line, which shelters his poor defensive game, that would be ideal.
Or learning how to play a 200 foot game.  Being around our other Russian players is a bonus.

A complete win in this trade....even if he plays a handful of games for us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

How can one not like this trade :)

Maybe it works out, maybe not. But the potential is there. Lockwood was ok here but definitely worth the ”risk” and the pick is a really long shot anyway.

Great news!

People love to nit pick every move we make no matter how small especially with their personal bias against current or past regimes.  This was a great move while giving up nothing.  It's pretty simple.

Edited by Metal Face Doom
  • Cheers 3

Liking what JR/PA are doing here, bringing in some good young players to form that new young core.

Miller may be the exception, unless they trade him too? Kuzmenko, Mikheyev and Beauvillier are also nice players to have around, entering their prime.

Pettersson

Podkolzin

Raty

Kravtsov

Hughes

Bear

Sure would love to add Bedard or Fantilli to that list.