The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

Love how you do a comparison, post Lockwood's NHL stats and choose to totally ignore Kravtsov's NHL stats lol. 

Here you go. Kravtsov NHL NHL GP48  G5, A5

----------------

Not high on this guy. He's the guy who's requested a trade for over a year because he couldn't crack higher minutes. At least hes big though. 

It should be enough that Lockwood is under 6’

we have the team loaded with short players so Lockwood couldn’t get any further here with Hogz and Garland way above him.

Regarding points, Kravtsov is five times better than Lockwood so how was it wrong to not post those?

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure what that means?  Again, I don't really have an issue on this gamble, it's a calculated risk to take that didn't cost much, but all there is is potential and whispers of a lazy, entitled attitude 

I had VK in my Miller proposals (as a throw in) with the NYR last year, so it's not like I don't think there's something there.  I just think the people saying they got him for nothing are discounting the player who has proven more as a pro

It means he has not been given fair opportunity on a stacked cup contending team, looking for as many wins as possible to place well in the standings.

1 hour ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Refused to go to AHL to improve his game, does not get to the net, 200 game with/out pack is a biggest problem (like to play only offence),if he doesn't like something-back to KHL! Don't call this lazy, call something else, it is what it is. 

I LOVE this trade for Canucks, he is basically free and with other Russian players on our team, good gamble for Canucks. 

Fair enough...you must have watched a lot of Ranger games?

5 hours ago, DJSkingz said:

I really liked Lockwood. This move doesn't make sense to me. We have enough middle/bottom 6 wingers. When defence?

He’s a 9th overall pick that wasn’t getting a chance in New York.  He has the potential to be a top 6 forward.  Like to see what he can do when he’s not playing on the 4th line.   I like Pods Raty and Kratzov, those 3 look like they could for an interesting 3rd line.  Give them a chance and let’s see what he does 

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Low risk - high reward trade. A no brainer move.

If he does excel here, Rags fans not going to be happy with Gallant, since they blame him for all their young guys.

Lias Anderson is gone. Now Kravtsov.  Kakko and Lafreniere on the 3rd line.  That’s 4 top 10 picks in the last 5 years that are either gone or playing on the 3rd line.  Doesn’t seem like the Rangers can develop their high end picks very well.  Either that or they suck at drafting…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

Fair enough...you must have watched a lot of Ranger games?

I am watching a lot hockey including Rangers if Russian players on the team, don't care about Rangers, big fan of Artemi Sergeyevich Panarin lol I am not an expert , reading Russian news about hockey, I call Tryamking will be not back long time ago (he hates Vancouver) and was call idiot by many users here haha How we doing now? Is he back??

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’ll be 25 next season, he’s running out of runway to show he’s an every day NHLer.

If he doesn’t make the Rangers roster next season I’m pretty sure he’s waiver eligible.

Poor kid got lots of speed and physicality... Too bad he lacks the NHL level offensive skills...  If Hogz is still stuck in Abby, that tells you how competitive it is now... 

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Was defending the Virtanen pick, but hard to ignore how good Nylander is after seeing his play yesterday. Seeing how much better Nylander is over Virtanen just makes you think how much Benning botched the 2014 and 2016 drafts. So much for people worshipping Benning as a draft God when hes clearly botched 2 years worth of high first round picks. 

Yea, we had very good swedish scouts so skip Nylander was really bad.

He and Petey with Kuz… Ouch

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

It should be enough that Lockwood is under 6’

we have the team loaded with short players so Lockwood couldn’t get any further here with Hogz and Garland way above him.

Regarding points, Kravtsov is five times better than Lockwood so how was it wrong to not post those?

um. Because the whole point of a comparsion is to compare apples to apples. If you nitpick what stats you like and only post those, then it is called subjective bias. 

Not sure why I have spell out something so simple..

• Upvote 1