The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Doesn't look like it.  He was with the big team after the trade, and the only ones papered down were Wolanin, Juulsen, and Podkolzin.  Raty also went down but PDG came up the day after.  Those are our 4 allotted call-ups post-TDL.

That's what I thought too

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I hope he can get a long run with Abby in playoff contention.

He didn’t get papered down because he requires waivers to be sent down.  It would be great if he could play in the AHL but not sure if he’d be claimed or not. His trade value was low because he hasn’t proved himself and requires waivers.  My guess is he would get claimed at the moment but if he continues to struggle next season it’s possible he could be sent down without being claimed.  IMO he’s not ready for the NHL so if we did lose him on waivers it wouldn’t be the end of the world. 

if the Canucks were rebuilding they could take their time with him on the NHL roster but since they are trying to make the playoffs next year I predict he’s not on the team. He has this summer and training camp to prove he deserves a spot. 

Edited by brian42
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’ve been happily corrected already,.  But I was “hoping “ he would be getting good game mins in .

I think there is a lot of potential with this young man.

I'm not sure he's in a good position to succeed with us.  0 points in 13 games and around 10 minutes ice time since he arrived is not a good look, and he might have it tough trying to beat out the other wingers above him to be in a position to succeed.  Kuzmenko/ Beauvillier (as long as he stays productive)/ Mikheyev (when healthy he's shown he's pretty good)/ Boeser (rebounding after another rough start to the season)/ Garland (slight dip in scoring but around his career average) are ahead of him, and since they signed McDonough and Hoglander will be needing ice time, and they probably still have expectations for Podkolzin, he could remain stuck on their 4th line.  Perhaps we could flip his rights to move another bad contract as a sweetener.

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'm not sure he's in a good position to succeed with us.  0 points in 13 games and around 10 minutes ice time since he arrived is not a good look, and he might have it tough trying to beat out the other wingers above him to be in a position to succeed.  Kuzmenko/ Beauvillier (as long as he stays productive)/ Mikheyev (when healthy he's shown he's pretty good)/ Boeser (rebounding after another rough start to the season)/ Garland (slight dip in scoring but around his career average) are ahead of him, and since they signed McDonough and Hoglander will be needing ice time, and they probably still have expectations for Podkolzin, he could remain stuck on their 4th line.  Perhaps we could flip his rights to move another bad contract as a sweetener.

He is signed , and is getting assessed ,.  Just as we sign other NCAA. Players and offer the same..   it’s just the way it is right now.

I believe RT will have the opportunity to put his stamp on next seasons line up,  just as management will.

I think he’s here next season, and will , like others , be involved in a great Summer program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

He is signed , and is getting assessed ,.  Just as we sign other NCAA. Players and offer the same..   it’s just the way it is right now.

I believe RT will have the opportunity to put his stamp on next seasons line up,  just as management will.

I think he’s here next season, and will , like others , be involved in a great Summer program.

Honestly, I think Kravtsov could really benefit from being in Abbotsford for a season. He needs games played, but with our roster, if everyone is healthy, where is he going to get prime playing time to develop and grow his game? 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Honestly, I think Kravtsov could really benefit from being in Abbotsford for a season. He needs games played, but with our roster, if everyone is healthy, where is he going to get prime playing time to develop and grow his game? 

The good thing about Kravtsov is he is a good defensive player. He can play a fourth line role. He’s big and has skill too. Plus he was free. 

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The good thing about Kravtsov is he is a good defensive player. He can play a fourth line role. He’s big and has skill too. Plus he was free. 

I agree. He isn’t hurting the team. Brendan Gaunce was one of our most effective forwards and had 86% defensive starts but got pushed out for lack of “points”. If your 4th liners are low event, produce little but allow little, that is a good use of cap space. If he is in the ice for 12 goals for and 12 goals against and the team is a -30 that is fine IMO especially as a young player earning near league minimum

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Unfortunately as a few posters have mentioned he requires waivers to be sent to the AHL. This is the reason that we acquired him for dirt cheap. The chances of him clearing are very slim. I'm sure a team like Arizona, the sharks, the habs or the Ducks would snatch him up.

32 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Unfortunately as a few posters have mentioned he requires waivers to be sent to the AHL. This is the reason that we acquired him for dirt cheap. The chances of him clearing are very slim. I'm sure a team like Arizona, the sharks, the habs or the Ducks would snatch him up.

That's ok.  They'll sign him to a 1yr 'show me' contract.  If he hasn't improved by Christmas, then off he goes

through waivers.

• Cheers 2