The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, conditional 2024 5th-round pick, conditional 2025 5th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, conditional 2025 1st-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Chicago will rebuild before we will. :( 

Probably, I hate it. 

I just hope they miss on Bedard. Please hockey gods, anyone but Chicago.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One thing is for sure, an eastern team is winning the cup this year.

It'd be funny if a western team won out after that giant arms race though, anything can happen in a seven game series. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One thing is for sure, an eastern team is winning the cup this year.

The East is way better but it’s going to be a huge battle to get through to the final. Reminds me of the Canucks in 2011 (they were definitely the best team that year).  I wouldn’t count out the avalanche or who ever wins the west. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, stawns said:

That definitely could be the case.  They are going beat the sh!t out of each other 

hopefully we get a lot of game 7s!

should be great hockey especially the first round in the east should be very entertaining 

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

Just now, BertaNuck said:

Friedman on 32 thoughts thinks we have made most of our moves and doesn’t think there is much more 

Wouldn't surprise me but I would be disappointed if we couldn't at least get a good return for Schenn. I'm not really expecting a Miller trade but I'm hopeful in the light of recent news. 

Would never have thought McCabe could have ever garnered this type of return, but here we are.

Decent addition for the Leafs especially with Muzzin out, and Lafferty gives them even more forward depth.

IMHO, the Leafs still need to try and add more D depth. They're likely playing Tampa in the 1st Rd and that forward group is likely going to grind down the Leafs' D.

3 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

Friedman on 32 thoughts thinks we have made most of our moves and doesn’t think there is much more 

Other than Bo... what moves are we talking about?  Kravtsov? 

We really haven't done that much selling lol