The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Feb. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If we have a poll and the people vote to remove the tank emoji will you honour it?

Maybe see how many people in the poll want to add the wanker emoji too?

Edit: please respond with images you feel would be appropriate, ty.

Edited by Goal:thecup

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

Still, why would I?

why would i make a joke about you quitting the forum? 

maybe the fact that you inserted your self into the thread about 400 times dissing AB. and calling the protected top 12 pick ridiculous, when in reality there is likely no other team that would give us the chance to draft between 13 and 16th overall... look at at the firsts traded... TB 2025 first top 10 protected... TO's 2025 First top 10 Protected... NJ 2024 first Lotto protected... NYR 2023 First is the worst of between Dallas and them... teams that traded non protected firsts for this years draft: Boston, NJ, TO, all have almost zero chance of missing the playoffs

Clearly you under estimated the trade value of AB and a 2023 first from a team outside playoff contention... I highly doubt we will see another team below the playoff threshold trade their first this year..

are you happy now?

• There it is 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

18 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Required listening/viewing for all who complained about ruining the tank by winning this game.

Demko deserves everything we can support him with and it is apparent that he really appreciates this W.

I'm glad he got the win as he needs to fight hard for his next contract in 3 years time. It will help us so much in the long run. It's great he was able to come back from a long term injury and will be able to play 20 something games with limited chance of reinjury against a bunch of mostly non-playoff teams and then be off for months before the team changes its entire defensive structure.

So much better to have demko back and Silovs getting closer to start in 2 years than playing martin and delia and being able to draft players who won't spend their entire careers scoring on us.

I'm not great at sarcasm, and i do get the "i need to win" people but tanking is a legitimate way to actually become an elite team again.

Just not a fan of people questioning tank fans as not being fans. We're all bitter fans here, else we wouldn't be here.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Demko is our most important player.  We need him to be Double Bubble Demko to have a successful re-tool. If he plays to that level again, then we will be a playoff team next season and competing for the Cup in 2024/25. He's the key. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8828573df6858c5dee01e1b10c7f03f7.jpeg

I'll have to chew on your post for awhile before I will be able to reply to it:lol:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I love Scotch. 

In my leather arm chair. 

Nub of a biscuit?

Nub of a biscuit????

What the f**k does this mean??

I feel like 

image.gif.40858a69153fba595bc51363e0e8278b.gif

Grrrr. I typed in crux of the biscuit. As fine a term as there ever was.

Stupid autocorrect changed crux to nub.

Artificial intelligence isn’t what it’s cracked up be.

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree the league is watered down. Imagine how much more the quality of the league

would improve if say, there were only 24 teams, which will never happen, but...

Another thing that bugs me is, there's one too many refs on the ice. If they want

two refs, get rid of one of the linesmen. They are constantly in the way. 

Edit: They should create a new penalty - "too many refs on the ice." :lol:

What they should have done instead is kept the one ref system, and allowed linesmen to call major penalties.    The one ref system was better 100%.   Seems like the other ref always wants to make one call per game lol.   Two heads are better than one, but not in this case. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kravtsov has the tools, but the laidback Russian kid is going to need to put in a lot of work. Raty will eventually become a really good player as well, in time.

Demko still let in 4 goals, but he is better than the others, so the Canucks might end up winning some games down the stretch. Big surprise. 

Canucks showing they can play well and win without Miller and Schenn. 

Guess VAN is picking 10th again. Be funny if the NYI pick was actually better than VAN's after it's all said and done.

Kravtsov wasn't even trying hard. I would have expected a hard-skating player on his first game for the new team to make a strong impression. I think there's a long way to go to correct that attitude. My feeling is that NYR gave him up at that price for a reason. It's going to take a lot of work to change his attitude.

I don't think we played well except when Petey-Kuz-Beau or Hughes was out on the ice. Dallas outshot us 2-to-1 and Demko saved us from getting blown out for 7 or 8 goals. 

As much as I have been clamoring for a Miller trade, this is how it is going to be without Miller. Miller is able to maintain puck possession against almost any other line in the league except for the very elite 1st lines. 

I guess trading Miller still should be considered but there is no way the team comes out of the retool in a year or so if they trade Miller unless we draft Bedard or Fantilli.

Trade Miller and we will suck for a bit, maybe 3 years depending on who we draft and who we get back in a trade. Don't trade Miller and he might block us from progressing into contender status 4 years later. It's a conundrum.

Considering JR's insistent on the word "retool", I don't think we are trading JT.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Out week to week injured. 650 saying Miller’s been playing with this since the first game of the season. And added he might be shut down. 

I had a feeling Miller was injured all year. I thought he was out of shape too. But it makes sense now and is the reason we did not see 99 point Miller this year. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, jyu said:

Kravtsov wasn't even trying hard. I would have expected a hard-skating player on his first game for the new team to make a strong impression. I think there's a long way to go to correct that attitude. My feeling is that NYR gave him up at that price for a reason. It's going to take a lot of work to change his attitude.

I don't think we played well except when Petey-Kuz-Beau or Hughes was out on the ice. Dallas outshot us 2-to-1 and Demko saved us from getting blown out for 7 or 8 goals. 

As much as I have been clamoring for a Miller trade, this is how it is going to be without Miller. Miller is able to maintain puck possession against almost any other line in the league except for the very elite 1st lines. 

I guess trading Miller still should be considered but there is no way the team comes out of the retool in a year or so if they trade Miller unless we draft Bedard or Fantilli.

Trade Miller and we will suck for a bit, maybe 3 years depending on who we draft and who we get back in a trade. Don't trade Miller and he might block us from progressing into contender status 4 years later. It's a conundrum.

Considering JR's insistent on the word "retool", I don't think we are trading JT.

I don’t think JT is moved but that might be more because he’s injured. All retool meant was building around Hughes and Petey imo

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Demko is our most important player.  We need him to be Double Bubble Demko to have a successful re-tool. If he plays to that level again, then we will be a playoff team next season and competing for the Cup in 2024/25. He's the key. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8828573df6858c5dee01e1b10c7f03f7.jpeg

How likely do you think that is? I mean do you think people said the same about Cam Ward? 

51 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I'm glad he got the win as he needs to fight hard for his next contract in 3 years time. It will help us so much in the long run. It's great he was able to come back from a long term injury and will be able to play 20 something games with limited chance of reinjury against a bunch of mostly non-playoff teams and then be off for months before the team changes its entire defensive structure.

So much better to have demko back and Silovs getting closer to start in 2 years than playing martin and delia and being able to draft players who won't spend their entire careers scoring on us.

I'm not great at sarcasm, and i do get the "i need to win" people but tanking is a legitimate way to actually become an elite team again.

Just not a fan of people questioning tank fans as not being fans. We're all bitter fans here, else we wouldn't be here.

Can you answer one simple question. How do you shut Demko down for the rest of the year when he himself declared that he is fully 100% healthy?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Demko didn't let four goals in because he's a bad goalie. He let four in because both the previous and present management have failed miserably in providing him with an even remotely adequate defense to play behind. Once the Canucks have a real defense, watch Demko really shine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1