The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade Jesse Puljujarvi to Hurricanes for Patrik Puistola

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Being paid almost 5M. Gonna needs another gear or two out of him in order to be seen as playing up to his contract. 

I’m not a fan of his or trying to say he’s a good player. 

just saying they have a strong system and a Finnish eco system there and JP plays a pretty good defensive game so maybe they can get the best out of him there

23 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

2 over paid busts and a late first for JT a ppg c/w who just put up 99 points a season ago and has been finding his form as of late again…..nahhhh fam 

Jk

4.8 8 years

51% fo.  

25pts in 58 games 

6’2 - 22 years old 

bust lol 

and on defensive team looks like a great 3rd line Center with potential to be a second liner. Locked up at a reasonable contract for what he does.

poolparty a rfa at season end. And he Has been buried in a deep team 
1st rounder plus other pieces 

for  a 30 year old locked up for 7 years at 8mill 

that’ll  be aged out when this team is competitive but still eating up valuable cap space. 

not many teams have the cap to take that anchor of a contract.

so when it’s a 8 mill depth forward in three years we can watch the young guys he should have be replaced with hitting their primes only on other teams. Oh wait that’s the Jb model it’s a proven winner. Lol. 

Might want  to look at what garlands doing I guess he’s an over paid bust to. 4.9 for 33 pts in 59 gms 

Edited by combover

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The exact type of trade that sees Pool Party suddenly become a good player because he's happy to be out of edmonton

Would be quite something if he gets reunited with Aho and Puljujarvi goes on to become a Nichushkin type player for the Canes.

I’m not saying that happens. Just that it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is what most people thought would happen.

With pretty much every p/o team in a cap-in/cap-out situation, there needs to be domino moves before anything major happens.  JP was the first domino......more will follow.