The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You don't build a team based on what your top players want. How is that building a healthy and sustainable future? If they want to pout about it. Tough. You make millions. If you had played better at the start of the year the team wouldn't be in this position. Do we really want players who say I don't want to do it properly? Find me shortcuts to make it easier.

So you don't actually have a plan, got it.

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You don't build a team based on what your top players want. How is that building a healthy and sustainable future? If they want to pout about it. Tough. You make millions. If you had played better at the start of the year the team wouldn't be in this position. Do we really want players who say I don't want to do it properly? Find me shortcuts to make it easier.

You don't. And while you understand that those players don't - and shouldn't - want to do anything other than win and add to the roster, you do what is best for the long term success of the organization. And you try to sell them on your vision, not the other way around.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Is there a point to me stating a plan? I am not the gm but there has been more than enough evidence in Vancouver that a RETOOL HASN'T/DOESNT' WORK. That's just a fact. 

New York Rangers say hi, they can't develop worth shit so they retool.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Is there a point to me stating a plan? I am not the gm but there has been more than enough evidence in Vancouver that a RETOOL HASN'T/DOESNT' WORK. That's just a fact. 

You need to lay out an 182-point, 5 year turnaround plan or else you couldn't possibly be able to say anything about anything.

8 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

How do you know the palyers said they'd walk if we rebuild...you were in the dressing room with 'em?

Hughes said "they" don't want to be here for a rebuild. I'm assuming he meant him and Petey.