The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That cap is killer tho lol. But at least he's performing better than OEL. Not gonna happen anyways but thought popped in my head and decided to post about it lol

If they retain it is acceptable especially with how Karlsson is playing now. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

It’s true. 

But I think it’s more that Boeser is still a decent player, we just have zero need to sink nearly 7 mil on yet another winger who’s just playing decent. 

With retention he might actually bring back some value, though.

Maybe even a 1st if he’s only making around 4.5 or 5 mil and nothing else but cap considerations coming back.

2 mill is probably around a 2nd or 3rd. Definately not a first

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Good recent article here on Marcus Pettersson:

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2023/02/10/skate-report-penguins-ducks-marcus-pettersson-stats-lines-dvs

I don’t think he’s overpaid at 4M. He’s 26, plays 20+ minutes a game, and has good analytics. Obviously he’s very slender (6’4”, 176 lbs) and provides no physicality, but he’s a smart defender who does a lot of things well. 

FWIW, Evolving Hockey has valued his his on-ice contributions (based on their GAR/WAR/SPAR models) at $4.4M last season and $6.9M to-date this season.

57 games, 119 hits, 115 blocks.  That's more physical than most of our D (except Schenn)

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

penguins 2.090m cap space says that won't be happening..

They will have more once the 2 players they waived today clear, or potentially get picked up.

There's no scenario where we trade with the Pens and don't retain some salary this year, but there lots of trade scenarios that can work here.

• Cheers 1