The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, they just committed too much money to wingers. They needed to get rid of a couple. One at least.

If what’s reported is true, and they turned down multiple picks for Miller, then I really don’t know how this team can ever be a contender.

Just now, Kubrick said:

If what’s reported is true, and they turned down multiple picks for Miller, then I really don’t know how this team can ever be a contender.

Just getting picks doesn't equal long term performance. Not that many picks turn into long - term success. I prefer to get a known asset back as well as some picks.

• Vintage 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

• AngryElf changed the title to [Rumour] 5 Minutes! I don't Thing We're Thinging Anymore...
6 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

It’s sad that fans are acting disappointed if we don’t make one more move. 

we’ve added: 

Hronek

Beau

Raty

Bloom

Kravtsov

picks

the only players we moved out were: 

Bo

Lazar

schenn

stillman

i think we’ve done quite well. 

Agreed. Aaron Rome wasn't built in a day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kubrick said:

It’s the cap issues and draft picks that are the main frustration.

Draft picks don’t bother me. We still have our first. We weaponized our 2nd to add a top 4 dman. 

Cap issues can be dialed down a bit in the offseason. Myers can easily be moved with retention. Brock and Garland are more tradable when teams have guys coming off the books.

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Just getting picks doesn't equal long term performance. Not that many picks turn into long - term success. I prefer to get a known asset back as well as some picks.

True.

If there were any first round picks, then that’s essentially money to attach to a contract that you also want to move on from. If the goal isn’t to acquire draft picks, then make the trade and flip the picks to acquire what you need. If Miller isn’t getting you a Centre prospect, but picks. Flip those picks to another team for a Centre prospect.