The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Mikael Granlund to Penguins for 2023 2nd-round pick

2 hours ago, billabong said:

Sad Happy Hour GIF

So no boeser? 

doubt anyone wants him to be frank, his contract is nasty for the production we are getting from him, and i dont think JR wants to retain any salary ..

Edited by Tinky-Winky

23 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I've watched both players play a lot. If you remove Boesers first year then that stats are way different. 

Also Granlund has sustained his points pace over twice as many games, while never being gifted top line minutes.

Honestly, Boeser is playing terrible this year. He has been gifted minutes he hasn't earned (example removing Kuz from PP1 in place of Boes).

Granlund is a much more complete player and is way more desirable for a playoff bound team, as evidenced by the trade.

If you asked PIT to give up a second for Boes they would laugh and hang up the phone.

Boes doesn't have value. I'm sorry he just doesn't. This team plus his agent have been trying to move him all year. 

You have gone from Granlund has produced way more to take Boeser's 1st year out and it will be different.  Look at the stats and you'll see that Boeser is a superior offensive player. 

The reason they took Granlund was because they could get him for less and rightfully so.

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

A team 11 points ahead of us, selling assets for a rebuild. 

Meanwhile, we’re 28th in the standing, selling draft picks for immediate help.

I'd consider it a success if we manage to make another deal with a 1st coming back from whichever team while acquiring Hronek.

if they make another deal including any one of boeser, garland or miller for reacquiring picks... its possible.

That way we recoup the 2 first rounders we had and maybe even a 2nd back.

We'll see what happens by the end of friday.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

You have gone from Granlund has produced way more to take Boeser's 1st year out and it will be different.  Look at the stats and you'll see that Boeser is a superior offensive player. 

The reason they took Granlund was because they could get him for less and rightfully so.

Get him for less? I'm sure if they offered a 2nd for Boeser we would have taken it and run. 

Sorry man, Boes hasn't proven anything because his play is trending downward. And in fact he is struggling to even play a complete game. 

As much as people love to overvalue our own players, your way off base.

I promise you, if/when Boes gets traded, we are either retaining salary, or adding a pick, and will be taking back a lesser player.