The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Aside from one list, he hasn't been top 10 on any list, at all.  Not saying someone won't go off board and pick him, but he's not a top 10 pick right now

I think he will be near the end. It is unheard of for 17 year olds to be playing 20 minutes a night in the Swiss league. It’s not a developmental league in the sense that they don’t prioritize playing younger players.

We won but the games are not even half as entertaining as before.

If this game took place before Tocchet, it would have been a 7-5 win for us with Petey getting 5 points, Kuz getting 3 goals, and Hughes with 3 points and etc.

Now it's 3-2 in OT.

Very uneventful hockey. I guess this is how it's going to be from here on out.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, jyu said:

If this game took place before Tocchet, it would have been a 7-5 win for us with Petey getting 5 points, Kuz getting 3 goals, and Hughes with 3 points and etc.

Now it's 3-2 in OT.

Just wow! Are you for real?!! 

Man, some on here wil NEVER EVER get it!! 

To borrow the words of DLC, "use your words @canuck73_3"

Win or lose, the games were dang fun before. No matter what the score, we would storm back.

The wins are nice and I like Toc, he's doing a good job. We are playing well-structured hockey again as we did under AV.

But the high-event hockey pre-Tocchet was like watching youth hockey. Lots of back-and-forth actions. It was fun to watch -- win or lose. That's all my comment is about and not sure what you are giving WAT emoji for and @88Canuckis complaining about.  Can't state the truth here?

20 minutes ago, jyu said:

Now it's 3-2 in OT.

Last night's game was pretty boring, no argument here

• There it is 1

We've had most of these ingredients all along. Finally someone comes and adds the grit we needed. We needed grinders like Pizza and Burroughs. Wolanin and Breeze showed great earlier in the season. Our new NoName defense. Amazing how much better we are without Stillman and OEL. Coaches have helped Myers simplify his game (mostly). Goalies make and break coaches. Without TD Boudreau loses his job, but he was ignorant on adding toughness. So 50/50. 

Boudreau and no goalie ran our season into the DITCH. Great, a chance to try and achieve a top 5 pick, awesome. Some severance for a completely s***Y season. Now TD wants games. Coach has a better no chase system. Our best players get help. All for late season heroics. This is the same energy that we claw our way back into the playoffs every other year. 

The positives are great, but you know, a little gamesmanship to 'fandangle' our record a little would create optimal chances for a top 5 in the draft. BTW I'm totally in favor of moth balling TD for training camp, why risk it. Let him 100% heal up from surgery. What if he pulls up lame in the last game of the season? Teams sit guys all the time during trade season. I don't see sitting guys right now a whole lot different. We've had horseshoes fall to us in the draft but I'd love to have a chance at the top 5.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

15 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

and whats your point? where would podz and lem be? prolly no where close to where they are drafted. hughes and pettersson are still drafted in the top 7.. we are at this point likely 9-10th.. where it's no longer concensus pick it's like whoever they like.. and more and more likely won't even make the team till 3 or 4 years down the road

Podz was drafted 10th and Lekkerimaki 15th; what's your point??

Podz is on the team and Lekki just turned 18 a couple months ago.

Reel it in.

Losers cheer for losses.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Still doesn't make up for the character issues.  He might understand the game, but I have zero respect for this dirtbag as a man.

Still mindboggling miss declaring a bit of money drives this much over the top outrage, I'm sorry but it is ridiculous. 

51 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Sounds exactly like this time last year with Bruce except, you know, more success last year. We were able to get all the way to 15th overall not 10-11 we will likely get to this year. 
Is that more successful?

I think the question is whether Tocchett and staff can implement a better approach than Green & staff or Boudreau & staff.  If yes, then the time Tocchett is getting right now is valuable.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still mindboggling miss declaring a bit of money drives this much over the top outrage, I'm sorry but it is ridiculous. 

My issue is with the mob ties with the gambling ring he was running. That's simply not forgiveable in my books.  The sooner this worthless piece of trash leaves town along with the vermin who disgraced the franchise by hiring him, the better.

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1