The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Aidan McDonough to two year contract

Odd.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Quite an abundance of wingers we got in the system. Gotta trade some roster wingers out and get some of these guys reps. They gonna need play time to establish themselves which is almost critical for any sort of quick turnaround. 

Pod, Hog and perhaps Karlsson I’d like to see as regulars next year. Maybe Karlsson starts the season in the AHL since we probably not gonna have enough spots right away. 

I think Bains should get a serious look next season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The organization is overflowing with wingers all looking to establish themself in the NHL.

Hoglander, Podkolzin, Kravtsov, Studnicka, Karlsson, McDonough, Bains are all vying for looks. Not enough spots to give out. Will be interesting to see who shows more hunger and plays as style that Tocchet wants.

We have our key core in place. It’s good new management is building a group of supporting role players who will compet for those minutes. And if one of those guys matured into a better key core piece than what we have right now, even better.  Internal competition is needed in this team. Too many gifted minutes, especially cheating Bo, previously. 

• RoughGame 1

29 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So what’s his Canucks nickname gonna be?

At Northeastern he was “Dunzo,” which I kinda like. I’ve also called him “McD” for short. Any other suggestions?

Donut

Mmm…donut. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have our key core in place. It’s good new management is building a group of supporting role players who will compet for those minutes. And if one of those guys matured into a better key core piece than what we have right now, even better.  Internal competition is needed in this team. Too many gifted minutes, especially cheating Bo, previously. 

Alf...keep breathing...it will pass.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Alf...keep breathing...it will pass.

You mean like Horfat never passed up a cheat the game breakaway? :lol:
it’s okay to cheer for the crest on the front. Horfat wallet is no longer on our club. 

Edited by Alflives

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I know it hurts and you're feeling angry, but this in due time shall pass my friend.

I don’t think Islander fans will get over this terrible trade (getting Horfat) so fast. 8 years of fat wallet being a softeroo 50 point perimeter player is going to be hard for them to watch. 

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

He's out of luck for the AHL playoffs?  Does anybody know this?

If he signed an AHL pro deal, he could play I believe. But if he signs an NHL deal, I think he had to have been on the AHL roster at the TDL (which is why some guys got papered down).

Chances are, he's signing an NHL deal.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think Islander fans will get over this terrible trade (getting Horfat) so fast. 8 years of fat wallet being a softeroo 50 point perimeter player is going to be hard for them to watch. 

Don't worry Alf, be happy.  Bo has left the building.  Let it be.

• Cheers 3

47 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

What’s this guy’s potential? I always feel like these “free” college  players are unlikely to become impact NHL players and it’s too good to be true if they do. Especially with Canuck luck. Should I be excited about this?

He’s not really “free” since we drafted him. His ceiling is probably a 3rd. He is a big body winger though and has some scoring touch. Hopefully he can bring some energy and grit.

6 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

He’s not really “free” since we drafted him. His ceiling is probably a 3rd. He is a big body winger though and has some scoring touch. Hopefully he can bring some energy and grit.

He's been better than a point a game the last 2 seasons in the NCAA which is why we have high hopes.  23 years old.  November b'day