• Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7
    • Rangers in 4
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:30 PM

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I don't think so.  Of all the players that game, he and Kane seemed to be the more harder working players.  Where was breadman this entire series?  Rags fans are PISSED at him.

Bread was stale and now he’s toast.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Rangers went 1-18 on the power play in the last 5 games.  You don’t think Miller could have helped them on the PP?  

The Rangers traded for a bunch of soft, over the hill wingers who didn’t do squat in the series.  Kane and Tarasenko combined for 1 goal in the last 5 games.  Trochek is not even a 2C.  He had one point in the entire series.

Miller would have given them the extra edge to win the series.  He certainly would have helped them more than those soft over the hill wingers they traded for.  And quite frankly, Trochek isn’t even good enough to hold Miller’s jockstrap…

Would have definitely been better than the players they acquired.  Still don't think it would have been the right move though.  

Should have gone for Miller before Trochek and have 2 runs with him.  Don't see how having both is going to make them a better team much beyond this season given age/cap hits.  They can move on from Kane/Tarasenko but could they from Trocheck?  

• Cheers 1

Big changes surely should be coming for the Rangers, this was a dreadful series by them. Blow a 2-0 lead coming home is unacceptable. At the end of the day they didn't score when they needed to and got out-worked. That play by Palat sums it up, what a performance by him in Game 7 yet again - two MASSIVE plays which lead to goals. I know he was pretty average all season long but that's what you pay for. The man single-handedly outworked and undressed Fox (who should relinquish some Norris votes after that dumb moment), then dekes past their fan fave Kreider and sets up a beautiful goal which ends up being the game 7 GWG. Then you've got Marino of all people dancing through their defence, almost scores and sets up the 2nd goal. NJD's acquisitions were huge for them whereas NYR's acquisitions were dead quiet all series long.

Problem with NYR is that their core is all over 30, locked in for a long time, and most of them have NMCs. Their rentals probably won't re-sign and they have very little ability to move players around. It's hardly Gallant's fault but he probably will take the blame for this and get canned. Maybe they should hire Sutter and just play pure defence lol. 

Very disappointing way to lose a series by NYR but I'm glad for NJD, they were the better team in game 7 and that's all that matters. Sure, their young goalie played well but this game was about hard work and the Devils just out-worked the Rangers in the little battles all over the ice. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, mll said:

Would have definitely been better than the players they acquired.  Still don't think it would have been the right move though.  

Should have gone for Miller before Trochek and have 2 runs with him.  Don't see how having both is going to make them a better team much beyond this season given age/cap hits.  They can move on from Kane/Tarasenko but could they from Trocheck?  

Yes, exactly.  They would have been better served to go all in on the 99 point player Miller last trade deadline versus trading for Andrew Copp, and then letting him walk for nothing after giving up a 1st, a 2nd and a top prospect.  With Miller they had him signed for another year and could have extended him in the summer. And then they wouldn’t have needed to sign Trochek.  

Trochek is not even a 2C.  Miller would have given them a great one/two punch up the middle.  I’m sure we would have taken the deal if Schneider was in play and not Lundkvist.  Schneider, Chytil and a 1st for Miller and I think the Canucks would have pulled the trigger.  And Miller would have been a lot more helpful for two playoff runs.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, exactly.  They would have been better served to go all in on the 99 point player Miller last trade deadline versus trading for Andrew Copp, and then letting him walk for nothing after giving up a 1st, a 2nd and a top prospect.  With Miller they had him signed for another year and could have extended him in the summer. And then they wouldn’t have needed to sign Trochek.  

Trochek is not even a 2C.  Miller would have given them a great one/two punch up the middle.  I’m sure we would have taken the deal if Schneider was in play and not Lundkvist.  Schneider, Chytil and a 1st for Miller and I think the Canucks would have pulled the trigger.  And Miller would have been a lot more helpful for two playoff runs.

That type of trade would've put us without a 2C, though.  Unless you were suggesting we keep Horvat and sign him to a $7.5 AAV contract.  Your proposal is a rebuild trade that objectively makes us worse today.  And that goes against the Allvin doctrine.

23 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

God dang Trouba is a monster.  Makes me miss Raffi Torres on the Canucks.  

I know this goes against the rock'em sock'em mentality of this community, but Trouba is a dirty player and this was a dirty hit.  Everyone gets that it was legal.  But this was a high hit with the intent to injure.  He does it all the time.  They don't belong in the NHL.  Just because a player has his head down (which Meier actually wasn't) doesn't mean it's open season on you - not anymore.  It used to be a thing to go headhunting to rile up your team, but the sport has moved on.  The CTE and lifetime anguish simply isn't worth it.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Rangers are a disappointment for sure. That D corps, that goalie. Offence has the players. Gallant may be overrated as a coach.

The Rags top guys (sans Fox) are old. And their young guys aren’t good enough to take on the key roles. They missed on all their high picks. They are dead. 

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

God dang Trouba is a monster.  Makes me miss Raffi Torres on the Canucks.  

I don't miss Torres stupid penalties and suspensions. I'd far rather have a Donald Brashear. A guy who could skate, fight, and score the odd goal.

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

I'm impressed how Adam Fox is as good as is given his lack of footspeed. I've always thought his footspeed was lacking, but it was really evident today on at least a couple of occasions. 

Fox is overrated in my opinion. I'd take Hughes over Fox going forward all day and every day.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

14 minutes ago, rekker said:

Fox is overrated in my opinion. I'd take Hughes over Fox going forward all day and every day.

Shesterkin covers a lot of Fox mistakes. Fox is good but he’s not carrying a team like Quinn does. I think some if our fans don’t realize how exceptional a player Quinn is. Look at the partners the guy has had since Benning let Tanev go. 

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That type of trade would've put us without a 2C, though.  Unless you were suggesting we keep Horvat and sign him to a $7.5 AAV contract.  Your proposal is a rebuild trade that objectively makes us worse today.  And that goes against the Allvin doctrine.

That trade would have been made at the 2022 trade deadline. So yes that would have meant we would have re-signed Horvat in the summer. 

Allvin might have pulled the trigger on that one. Looking at what we got for Horvat though, we are much better off today. Miller is better than Horvat and Hronek is better than Schneider. And I’d rather have Raty as a 3C prospect than an overpaid Chytil who’s more of a winger. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

6 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I know this goes against the rock'em sock'em mentality of this community, but Trouba is a dirty player and this was a dirty hit.  Everyone gets that it was legal.  But this was a high hit with the intent to injure.  He does it all the time.  They don't belong in the NHL.  Just because a player has his head down (which Meier actually wasn't) doesn't mean it's open season on you - not anymore.  It used to be a thing to go headhunting to rile up your team, but the sport has moved on.  The CTE and lifetime anguish simply isn't worth it.

If he was Canuck he would have gotten the Edler 2 game suspension 

13 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Where did all the Gallant cheerleaders go? For a while there CDC thought the guy could walk on water.

I'm a bit confused why you're quoting me, since I never was one of those people.