The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vitali Kravstov signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Waste of a 9th overall pick by New York.

Yup, but in that same first round they got K’andre Miller who looks like he’s going to be a beast, and Nils Lundkvist who they were able to flip for another first.

You won’t hit on all your picks which is why accumulating them is a good idea.

I think Rags fans are more concerned with their first and second overall picks in Lafreniere and Kakko being potential busts.

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why would he prefer to play in the KHL instead of the NHL?  Tocchet has expectations, so he's giving up?  I can't see him coming back to the Canucks if he leaves. 

Because he can read the tea leaves.  He's not really good enough for the NHL and he's not willing to go to the AHL to learn.  So it's off to lovely Chelyabinsk.  It's near Yekaterinberg which is where Tryamkin plays.  East of the Urals (Asia) and south near Kazakstan (where Borat is from).

And you're right.  He's not coming back.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Because he can read the tea leaves.  He's not really good enough for the NHL and he's not willing to go to the AHL to learn.  So it's off to lovely Chelyabinsk.  It's near Yekaterinberg which is where Tryamkin plays.  East of the Urals (Asia) and south near Kazakstan (where Borat is from).

And you're right.  He's not coming back.

Who wouldn’t want to play for the Traktor?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why would he prefer to play in the KHL instead of the NHL?  Tocchet has expectations, so he's giving up?  I can't see him coming back to the Canucks if he leaves. 

Tocchett stated he’s a good kid but may not realize how much work it takes.

And to be fair to the kid….it is extremely demanding.  

• Cheers 1