The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vitali Kravstov signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

It was a calculated risk, but he doesn’t want to work for it or good enough so don't quibble about this too much 

canucks probably said he’s best suited to play top minutes in the AHL and he said screw that and bolted to motha Russia 

He was never making the team from what I’ve seen from him.

Guess we’ll see what he’s got when he’s 25. 

He’s still got a ton of potential. Nichuskin went back for 2 or 3 years if I recall and he matured a lot. If Kravtsov puts in the effort, he can carve a decent NHL career. KHL is probably the closest thing to the NHL and easily the 2nd best league in the world of hockey. 

It’s not over for him. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Waste of a 9th overall pick by New York.

The Rags drafting was craperolla. Laffer, Krappo, Krapsoft, and that Swedish medal throwing kid. Four top 10’s all bustaroos. Then those same draft experts go to Habberville and draft another bustaroo bonsai in Softkowski.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Good to have the clarity with this one. Lots goin' on in the world, these days.

Wish him well, & back burner this lotto ticket.

Yeah. Who knows what kind of pressures he was dealing with. Some people handle adversity well, some can't handle it at all. There was never going to be a straight line path to the NHL for Kravtsov. He would have to, as Tocchet says, "push himself to a level of pain necessary to succeed". I didn't see ANY fire in his game. He didn't look like he was into it. I've seen enough. Move on. Next.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

This is great news for us. All we have to do is extend a QO (that he clearly isn't going to take) and we will retain his rights for 3 more years. If he gets his crap together and sets the KHL on fire we will have a 25 year old Kuzmenko 2.0. 

Had he signed with us and had a crappy camp we would have had to waive him and lost him anyways.

100%.

Glad someone is pointing out this is a good thing. He needed more development anyways. The KHL is probably the best place for him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1