The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) CBJ signs Severson

15 minutes ago, Doxm said:

The Jackets are going to be a force real soon. 

Meh. Outside of Werenski the D are an assembly of players that have struggled at times. It could go either way but I do like their size on D.

Too bad, I've wanted Severson in a Canucks jersey for a while, as Hughes' D partner. But the price is pretty rich, and they're already paying OEL too much. Hopefully they have other plans to find Hughes a good reliable D partner, before he gets annoyed at the constant changing of mediocre D partners year after year, and starts to think New Jersey would be an okay place to live and play hockey with his brothers. 

37 minutes ago, Provost said:

I had mentioned in a previous thread that due to auch a limited supply of options, he was going to get overpaid by a lot.  With Gavrikov off the board even more so.

This is a contract that isn’t going to look good by the end.  He will be 29 before it starts

That cap hit would be ok for a 5 year deal… but 8 years should come with a pretty hefty discount on the AAV.

But in 8 years, the cap could be 150mil…. It will be a miniscule cap hit in the end. They expect the cap to be around 120mil in 3-4 years, just imagine what it could be by year 7…. It becomes moveable with 1-2 mil retention. Its best to get these deals done now while the cap is stagnant and GMs hold the leverage in negotiations because of the cap situation… but in a few years the leverage goes back to the players when the cap jumps.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Canucks need to do everything they can to grab Cuelemans. 

6’2 RHD 25th OA from 2021. Solid two way defensive defenseman with physicality and grit. 

With Severson, Jiricek, Boqvist, Bean, Peeke, Blankenburg, and Gudbranson on the right side alone, Cuelemans could be an expendable piece. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Canucks need to do everything they can to grab Cuelemans. 

6’2 RHD 25th OA from 2021. Solid two way defensive defenseman with physicality and grit. 

With Severson, Jiricek, Boqvist, Bean, Peeke, Blankenburg, and Gudbranson on the right side alone, Cuelemans could be an expendable piece. 

Miller + 11OA for 3OA + Gudbranson? Read that here before. Hughes carries Guddy's 5 on 5 minutes. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Miller + 11OA for 3OA + Gudbranson? Read that here before. Hughes carries Guddy's 5 on 5 minutes. 

You spell Peeke funny. And we'd need to add to that... Rathbone + I'd imagine.

Just now, Alflives said:

I’d do that if CBJ retains 1.5M Lol

Just now, aGENT said:

You spell Peeke funny. And we'd need to add to that... Rathbone + I'd imagine.

Peeke sucks as much as Gudbranson to be fair.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Peeke sucks as much as Gudbranson to be fair.

No he doesn’t…if he were given a simple role playing next to Hughes, I think he could excel being a big shot blocker who can skate, play PK mins, break up plays in the D zone

Edited by Eastsidenuck
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 2