Oskar Olausson

3rd Round Pick (VAN)

Sign UFA Mayfield to $5M AAV deal.

Canucks defence core this coming year:

Byram-Hronek

Hughes-Mayfield

Wolanin/Hirose/Brisebois-Myers

No, I don't think Colorado would either though

Byram is a known quantity and given the age of their top guys they're built to compete now, the 11OA isn't going to help their roster now, Byram likely sees a larger role going forward 

11 OA + 3rd rounder for JUST Byram ?

you're nuts. 

He has a history of concussions. that means he has a 'glass' head, one wrong knock and he's another poolman, on ltir for life. 

I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder straight up for him. 

Byram has barely played his entire career and is a great puck-mover but we need a solid physical guy. Hughes isn't bringing any physicality and Hronek's just coming off a medically-managed shoulder injury so will surely be taken down a peg. We have enough puck movers now.

Look at the 4 Cup conference finalists - they all had one, maybe two puck movers, and then 4 or 5 absolute physical brutes on defence. That's what we need to start acquiring. I'd rather use the 11OA to draft Reinbacher who could maybe be that guy that acquire another small slick puck mover who's never played a full season.

I like Mayfield as an idea but doubt he moves on from NYI, they're both quite keen on re-signing him. We're going to have to get crafty.

• Cheers 1

Bryam is good, but he kinda needs to be sheltered with his concussion history. That's not a good match with Hughes who's not exactly a physical pressence. 

Along with the fact the 11th pick in this year's draft is very solid, gonna have to pass on this one. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't think Byram is the type of D they need. They already have Hughes and Hronek, two very good mobile D, and also Rathbone and Hirose.

Hard to say but do we really think Rathbone is a legit regular NHL D man?? He has had 3 NHL coaches who have been very reluctant to use him, I was hoping Rathbone could make it in the NHL, even as a Yannick Weber type because he possessive a good point shot that could help a 2nd PP unit. 

As for Hirose, great story but such a small sample size hard to cement him into the top 6 long term so far...he was promising so fingers crossed!

Don't see the trade for Byram happening, could see them try to move Girard to try and free up some cap to get a more long term #2C all while keeping Byram. Also, Toews is a UFA soon, is Colorado paying Toews into his late 30s at a high cap hit? Would be wiser to lock Byram up long term and move out Toews if he wants too much as his new deal may not age well. Great player at his current cap hit

3 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

im pretty much open to anything 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

pervert GIF

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

interesting

fe.gif

Ok, we're all done here.  Leave these 3 alone... /thread

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

pervert GIF

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

interesting

fe.gif

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ok, we're all done here.  Leave these 3 alone... /thread

Im not sure what you’re thinking @HKSR but Im pretty sure we were all thinking in strictly hockey terms

my god the paths people go down on this forum

• Haha 1