The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(SPECULATION) Nux interested in UFA D Matt Dumba

RWJC

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Guy that has underperformed and probably not getting big dollars. However still young enough that maybe he gives you more every other year. I wouldn’t mind Dumba if you can get him for around 4 mill.

I agree, I like him for the right contract sub of 4 mill is a steal but 4 mill x 2 years, yes please, he would be good with Hughes, physical and can skate, not terrible in own end

He's not my first choice. I'd rather throw 5x5m at Graves. Adds size and is better defensively and seemingly healthier. I don't see Dumba asking for less than 5m and he provides less of what we actually need in a blueliner. He's not shutdown (not a liability either), not overly physical (not afraid to lay a hit though) and obviously won't be used on the powerplay with Hronek and Hughes there.

He's just not a piece that helps us. At least he's not a piece that I'd prioritize what little space we have left for. If we had more cap space I'd be okay kicking tires. But we have like 6mil to add essentially 2 top 4 D, a 3C and a quality backup. Lol. Even if we traded Garland or Boeser we don't really have the ammo to add all that we really need. So don't waste what little of our precious resource on Dumba.

• Cheers 1