The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

6 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

How has Pius Suter not been signed yet?  If we wanted a 3rd line C he would be our guy.

Yup, him or Sundqvist would be REALLY good adds.

Move Garland and Beau out out and replace one with either of Fischer or Asplund and...

Mik, Petey, Kuz

Podz/Hogs, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Sundqvist/Suter, Fischer/Asplund

Aman, Blueger, Dakota

Hughes, Cole

Soucy, Hronek

Irwin/prospect, Myers

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yup, him or Sundqvist would be REALLY good adds.

Move Garland and Beau out out and replace one with either of Fischer or Asplund and...

Mik, Petey, Kuz

Podz/Hogs, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Sundqvist/Suter, Fischer/Asplund

Aman, Blueger, Dakota

Hughes, Cole

Soucy, Hronek

Irwin/prospect, Myers

I assume you'll disagree with this assessment:

Could contain: Person, Text, Chart, PlotCould contain: Person, Text

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Hmm if PA can somehow get Suter to a 1-2 yr with reasonable cap hit I'd give him a A+ rating. I don't think we have much cap left though esp if Pearson is expected to come back.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Who covers Myers? 20 min rhd aren't cheep

Myers is going to be on our 3rd pair.

Hughes, Cole

Soucy, Hronek

Irwin/prospect, Myers

Next year a kid, or another UFA, or a trade will fill that spot.

• Cheers 1

size, defensive acumen, pk ability, heavier players were added.

Ideally, 2 more expensive wingers, maybe Myers and Rathbone are moved out too address a higher end RHD and righty 3/4 C

Kuzmenko Petey Beauvillier 

Mikheyev Miller Boeser 

Pearson* Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Aman Hoglander

Joshua Dries PDG

Studnicka etc

Hughes Cole

Soucy Hronek

Irwin Myers

Brisebois Juulsen

poolman*

20 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Disagree with...? I'd love to add Suter, as I mentioned. So not entirely, no. That said,  I do find jfresh cards to have some, but certainly limited, value. They simply don't tell full stories. Sundqvist was coming off an ACL injury (last year IIRC?), so that's certainly going to skew his results. He also has size and physicality that Suter can only dream of.

I think either could/would make sense at the right contract. But by all means, sign me up for Suter if we can grab him.

Edited by aGENT

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Disagree with...? I'd love to add Suter, as I mentioned. So not entirely, no. That said,  I do find jfresh cards to have some, but certainly limited, value. They simply don't tell full stories. Sundqvist was coming off an ACL injury (last year IIRC?), so that's certainly going to skew his results. He also has size and physicality that Suter can only dream of.

I think either could/would make sense at the right contract. But by all means, sign me up for Suter if we can grab him.

Right, the ACL... so I guess we have no clue what Sundqvist is capable of.  Makes we worry about Mikheyev.  He was fantastic for us before going down.

Glad to hear they picked up another D for depth in Irwin - hopefully maybe get another D plus forward and I think they are moving in the right direction.  Given the injuries some teams face during the season - having 6D, 2 additional for depth and 2-3 on the farm is a good setup.

Hopefully all the D they picked up today can all play the "Tocchet" style - would be a good starting point for next year. Think the goal next year is to be competitive and still in the playoff race into mid April.  With the D picked up today, hope also that Foote and Gonchar had some say and are to work to make this team's D more cohesive than in the past.

3 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Right, the ACL... so I guess we have no clue what Sundqvist is capable of.  Makes we worry about Mikheyev.  He was fantastic for us before going down.

Sundqvist is also a righty FWIW. On a team full of lefty C's (Suter would be another), it's also another consideration.

Hopefully Mik has had enough time off to properly rehab and rebuild, and able to use camp to get back up to closer to 100% game speed.

29 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

Hmm if PA can somehow get Suter to a 1-2 yr with reasonable cap hit I'd give him a A+ rating. I don't think we have much cap left though esp if Pearson is expected to come back.

We would need to get rid of Myers before something like that could happen. 

8 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

If there is a deal in place to move Myers and Poolman will for sure be on LTIR, I think we should sign Dumba.  He gets a bad wrap, but he plays a lot of minutes and is a legit top 4. 

Dumba? With what money? Even if Myers is moved I don’t think we could afford Dumba.