The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blackhawks re-sign Corey Perry

4 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

That’s what I was thinking.  Players who can still play are literally being given away and the blackhawks are writing expensive cheques like this stealth tank?

They're trying to slow Bedard down next year. He's not good for the tank. They should just pass him on to us for safekeeping.

• Vintage 1

Chicago is just ruthless with their one year overpayments. Perry has averaged 28.6 points per season over the past 3 years. In those 3 seasons combined he made 2.75 million.

Now he gets 4 million for one year? Insane!

• There it is 1

They just hit the cap floor with this deal.  You would think they could have given him less and then flip him at the deadline.  Not sure exactly what Chicago is doing.  I guess they want to surround Bedard with veterans for the short term until their draft picks make the team.  

Most of their contracts will be wiped out in 2 years except for Jones.  I guess he will be the last man standing when Bedard signs his 15x8 extension...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

CP will get traded in 24 to a contender at the deadline with 75% of salary retained.

Meanwhile he gets to mentor and protect Bedard just like Foligno.

Going back to his Anaheim days, I couldn’t stand him but he has always been a good player.

• Upvote 1