The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Teddy Blueger

7 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I bet we are still talking to the guys like Bjugstad, E rod, Sundqvuist, Pius Suter, we could fit one more in :)

I'd be happy with any of those as well, but I also want Fischer.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

only thing good about it is it's only for 1 year... he was healthy scratched often in the regular season and most of the playoffs.. 1.9mil?? prolly should have been 1mil for a guy that's not even good enough to stick in the regular lineup all season

I think the guys on the Sportsnet panel were saying he was coming off injury and had a down year. I've liked his game whenever I watched the Penguins. He's been over 50% on draws the last 4 years and takes about 500 draws a year. @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME says he was performing at a $3-$5 million dollar rating the previous 3 years prior to last. Sid knows his stuff.

It's only for one year though like you said and he's so much better than Dries ... adds a bit of pedigree as he is used to playing for a winner. I think that helps as our bottom 6 has so little in terms of experience or pedigree. He's a guy we can build a real 3rd line off of.

From good ol google

Blueger is also an elite penalty killer. Over the last three NHL seasons he's one of 56 forwards who have logged 300 or more penalty kill minutes. Blueger's goals-against-per-60-minutes at 4v5 ranks fourth in the NHL over that time.

I think he's exactly what the doctor ordered despite whatever the funny charts say.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I bet we are still talking to the guys like Bjugstad, E rod, Sundqvuist, Pius Suter, we could fit one more in :)

Sundqvist for me.

Need to get way more physical in the bottom 6.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think the guys on the Sportsnet panel were saying he was coming off injury and had a down year. I've liked his game whenever I watched the Penguins. He's been over 50% on draws the last 4 years and takes about 500 draws a year. @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME says he was performing at a $3-$5 million dollar rating the previous 3 years prior to last. Sid knows his stuff.

It's only for one year though like you said and he's so much better than Dries ... adds a bit of pedigree as he is used to playing for a winner. I think that helps as our bottom 6 has so little in terms of experience or pedigree. He's a guy we can build a real 3rd line off of.

From good ol google

Blueger is also an elite penalty killer. Over the last three NHL seasons he's one of 56 forwards who have logged 300 or more penalty kill minutes. Blueger's goals-against-per-60-minutes at 4v5 ranks fourth in the NHL over that time.

I think he's exactly what the doctor ordered despite whatever the funny charts say.

well hopefully he's good enough.. poor guy is not even eligible for his name on the stanley cup lol.. but i really dunno if a 20p guy is good enough to be a 3c.. i'm just hoping that's a 4c.. 

24 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

And hopefully some of Abby guys can fill in 10 to 15 games as well

Well if there (when there is) injuries they will get a chance.

Or they can outright win the spot in training camp. 

Ya know, how it should be?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

well hopefully he's good enough.. poor guy is not even eligible for his name on the stanley cup lol.. but i really dunno if a 20p guy is good enough to be a 3c.. i'm just hoping that's a 4c.. 

Yeah I'm with you. Definitely hope he is good enough too. I don't think we need points from our third line as much as we need a match up line. Petey and Miller et al can handle the scoring. Ideally you want a more high profile guy but of course our spending is limited. I don't think we have any more money and Aman is centering the fourth line. I think he's got to be the 3c doesn't he?

I guess if we move Myers to SJ as suggested we could maybe add another guy. I don't know I think

I like the signing.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

What does a left handed C do for us? He’s also a 4th line player, no? Just curious

perhaps he pushes Dries to Abby and maybe we can add a righty C like Bjugstad or maybe Compher for 3c if we move some money out via Myers/Beauv/ Garland