The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] William Nylander seeking a contract over $10 million

Meh.

Unconfirmed.  Tweet gone.

I'll believe it when it's credibly reported.

He's not a ten million player.  But it makes me happy to know that the Leafs are gonna lose him or one of their big 4 no matter what

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meh.

Unconfirmed.  Tweet gone.

I'll believe it when it's credibly reported.

He's not a ten million player.  But it makes me happy to know that the Leafs are gonna lose him or one of their big 4 no matter what

Frank seravelli said something like this today I think too 

$10 million for willie 

jheeeez

Dude probably felt like he missed out with the 6.9million contract now this time hes out to get more back. Either this is a high number and it gets worked down or hes going to be traded. Toronto has too many high salaried soft players any way. 

10 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Ha!  Pettersson is one of the best players in the whole NHL.  You can forget about $10M.  Try $12.5M.

Gee.. 

So we have top 5 defensemen (Hughes)

Best players in the world (Pettersson)

Top 5 goalie (Demko)

And yet we are playing at the league bottom for the previous 3 seasons. 

I mean Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl  - who truely are the best players in the world and they can consistently make the playoffs at least. 

I wonder if we overrate our players or not. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Gee.. 

Top 5 goalie (Demko)

I mean Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl  - who truely are the best players in the world and they can consistently make the playoffs at least. 

It's a tough pill for CDC Canucks fans to swallow but other Canadian teams make the playoffs because they're built better, even with highly paid stars.  Hughes is top 10 (nobody's saying top 5).  Pettersson is top 10.  But the team is bottom 10.  Hell, Erik Karlsson is top 1 by acclamation.  So what?  San Jose sucks... because the team sucks.  Our team... kinda sucks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • elephant 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Gee.. 

Top 5 goalie (Demko)

Takes a team to win. Three elite players is a start, but it is not enough. The team simply needs more. More support role players, and maybe 1-2 more elite pieces. Can Kuzmenko be one of them? 

Zero Playoff success and wants to be paid like the best in the business as the third or fourth in depth on offence, With Marner, Mathew’s and Tavares as a Center all having significant roles that are less replaceable than Nylander.

Maybe the Islanders will make a trade for him?

So this is Nylander pushing the eject button and I think it could end up better for the Laughs than Nylander, or at least a equal spilt.

He heard out last time, needed to be paid what Mathews and Marner were paid, while being a slight drop off in his impact on the club.

Too much depth at forward, with more than enough scoring to offset moving Nylander even straight up for Karlsson in San Jose…

It would bring fire and ice to the Battle of Ontario and crush the hearts of Senators fans…

So win for the Laughs…

And they need to re allocate money from forward to defensive depth.

It was a similar situation in Edmonton and we still have a hangover of Forwards and cap space, not even centers but surplus middle six wingers without size, some gritty, but tons of skill.

So out Top Six has tenacity with JT, Elias, and a ton of skill, but until we offset another winger at rock bottom prices?   likely loosing a third and taking back some dead cap, or a over priced Minor Leaguer.

So Injuries, contracts and Nylander make things shake up a bit.

This will fester for a bit if Brad doesn’t just find a dancing partner quick and move Nylander to a Tax Free state and he can be happy.

Edited by Phat Fingers

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think the Leafs will trade Nylander and try and keep Matthews. 

If Wee Double Flamingo Wille is looking for 10 mil per then (knowing that) which team will give up quality assets to trade for him? 

• Upvote 1