The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2024 NHL Entry Draft

For defense, Sam Dickinson, and Charlie Elick are some guys I’ve pretty high on this and are potential 1st rounders. Buium, Kiviharju, and Jiricek I expect to go top 15. overall some really good defenseman in this draft. 

Simon Zether is definitely a person of interest for me this year if I'm looking for a realistic target.  

Biggest wildcard I think is Cole Hutson how far will he drop due to his size? He could be a special player where he goes will be very interesting. I like his game much more than I liked his brother Lane's at this age. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

What have Leon Draisaitl, Moritz Seider and Tim Stützle in common? Right, all of them went through the best development program in Europe. The Adler Mannheim have the best development program in Europe.  Every time a german prospect is draft eligible and is part of this outstanding development program NHL GM's should immediately be on high alert. Paul Mayer, LHD is currently part of this development program and there is a good chance that he will be another great prospect that's coming out of Germany, joining the ones of Draisaitl, Seider and Stützle.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Cheers 3

Cole Eiserman will make a strong push for 1OA

9G in 7GP at the U18s from the third line is an impressive feat.

Some of the records he is dangling with include ones previously held by Caufield, Crosby, Toews and even Ovechkin.

Only two players have ever recorded more goals for Shattuck’s U18 team as a 15-year-old than Eiserman — Crosby (72 in 57 games) and Toews (64 in 70 games).

His clip was higher than Toews.

Not long ago at Shattuck's, he was at a higher clip than Macklin, with incredible G totals:

Could contain: Text, File

Until he proves, that he can't score nearly G/GP everywhere he goes, the thought of a potential 50G scorer in the NHL will be tough to pass up.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text

Though teams prefer the center, the race between Macklin and Cole is a close one, and it's far from declared over...

Edited by Zfetch
  • Cheers 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say... based on our draft history and name recognition

The canucks are proud to select from Sweden.... Lucas Pettersson C 5'11

Pretty sure the Nucks are trying to corner the market on Petey's LOL

His nic name will undoubtedly be 3-Petey 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

On 7/7/2023 at 4:31 PM, Warhippy said:

I'd rather push it to next year for Misa

But wouldn't complain

On 7/7/2023 at 3:47 PM, Gawdzukes said:

Canucks finally get #1 overall?

I like Celebrini.

Why are we hoping to be bottom feeders the next two years… How about we hope this team succeeds and picks in the 20s. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:08 AM, Zfetch said:

Cole Eiserman will make a strong push for 1OA

9G in 7GP at the U18s from the third line is an impressive feat.

Some of the records he is dangling with include ones previously held by Caufield, Crosby, Toews and even Ovechkin.

His clip was higher than Toews.

Not long ago at Shattuck's, he was at a higher clip than Macklin, with incredible G totals:

Could contain: Text, File

Until he proves, that he can't score nearly G/GP everywhere he goes, the thought of a potential 50G scorer in the NHL will be tough to pass up.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text

Though teams prefer the center, the race between Macklin and Cole is a close one, and it's far from declared over...

Agreed, I'm not sure it's a one or two-horse race though. The field looks pretty open to me. Demidov looks like an electric offensive talent. NHL GMs are going to go apeshit over a defenseman like Dickinson, and maybe Levshunov too. And I can't wait to see what Cayden Lindstrom can do with a full season with Gavin McKenna on his flank.

Edited by HighOnHockey