The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canes re-sign Aho 9.75x8

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

You don't see how being 18 Million over the cap for a playoff run is helpful? 

Yeah, like Kucherov miraculously appearing healthy just before the playoffs. 

That's quite the addition. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

To those who think Petey will sign for similar, EP just scored 20 points more than AHO’s best career year.   
Petey pulled ahead this year. 
Its going to be 10.5+

Aho also plays on a team with a more competitive track record over the last few years

• Cheers 1

points per 60 minutes

Petey  1.423 goals    2.299 assists for 3.722

Aho     1.477 g           1.272                  2.749

Vancouver scored    270 goals  480 assists

Carolina                   262            425 assists

• Cheers 1

Aho has been a number one center on a Conference Finals team twice, has been better then Petey over the last three years BUT Petey was better last year.  

Sure you can argue that Petey should make a smidget more, but this firmly places him around Aho and below Pasternak, the 60 goal scorer.  

8 x 10 million is pretty much set in stone here, let's get it done. 

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Probably Petey's closest comparable. Similar ages, play style and role. Aho has a longer history of high level performance and is probably better defensively, but Petey had a better peak year last year.

But it should be close, probably plus a bit once you factor in taxes.

thought Barzal was, he got the barzal bridge with an extra 350k. Now he has a 100pt season, barzal got hurt and is signed for 9.15m or something. Going to cost 1m more than Barzal to sign EP. Hopefully not much more, if he is that greedy then he could have the same success as some of those laff players. Players are greedy these days, i get they have short careers but we are talking about millions per year. 

Us normal folk work year round for 50 years and make a fraction of what some NHL players make in 1 season...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aho had less Selke votes this year than Horvat.  Petey had 163 votes, Aho had 5.  Petey had 102 points this year, Aho had 67.  Plus, Aho has played 2 more years in the league and his numbers have actually regressed.  Aho's numbers are trending downward while Petey's numbers are skyrocketing, both offensively and defensively.

Petey is literally a top 10 player in the NHL right now.  Aho doesn't even make the top 20.  Sorry, but I know some of you want Petey to sign some team friendly deal under $10 million, but it ain't gonna happen...

I've been anticipating 8 x 11 for quite some time now. He's the one you build around.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kaprizov got $9 million after one year at 51 points.  Jack Hughes got $8 million after one year at 56 points.  Both players were signed based on future potential.  Same goes with Petey.  You can either sign him to $11 million right now or risk having him get 110-115 points next year and maybe winning the Selke trophy and then you are looking at a MacKinnon or Matthews type contract...

Too expensive. :frantic:Trade him for some picks. ::D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neutral said:

thought Barzal was, he got the barzal bridge with an extra 350k. Now he has a 100pt season, barzal got hurt and is signed for 9.15m or something. Going to cost 1m more than Barzal to sign EP. Hopefully not much more, if he is that greedy then he could have the same success as some of those laff players. Players are greedy these days, i get they have short careers but we are talking about millions per year. 

Us normal folk work year round for 50 years and make a fraction of what some NHL players make in 1 season...

Players are greedy lol as if you or anyone else won’t be the same if given the same opportunity. Of course you want to maximize your money.. who knows a bad investment here a greedy parents there.. you can easily end up being another jack johnson 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Players are greedy lol as if you or anyone else won’t be the same if given the same opportunity. Of course you want to maximize your money.. who knows a bad investment here a greedy parents there.. you can easily end up being another jack johnson 

if you make millions and you eff it up, i have ZERO sympathy for you...Invest your money wisely and you are more than setting up yourself and your kids etc if your an NHL pro who has a 5-10yr career imo. Let alone someone making Petey type money now let alone his new raise.

I ain't greedy, some want the 70m big jackpot...I would be very happy with the $500k extra and pay off my house and use the rest to buy a rental property to provide me with additional income.  Then sell it when I want to retire.

So, no I don't think that is being greedy...

1 hour ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I agree. But the thing is , if he really wants 12+, we will be paying 12+. 

Doubt that.He will be traded for a boat load.

2 good players,3 good prospects and a couple 1sts, plus a second.

We would add a futures (7th round pick)

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aho had less Selke votes this year than Horvat.  Petey had 163 votes, Aho had 5.  Petey had 102 points this year, Aho had 67.  Plus, Aho has played 2 more years in the league and his numbers have actually regressed.  Aho's numbers are trending downward while Petey's numbers are skyrocketing, both offensively and defensively.

Petey is literally a top 10 player in the NHL right now.  Aho doesn't even make the top 20.  Sorry, but I know some of you want Petey to sign some team friendly deal under $10 million, but it ain't gonna happen...

Think you're a tad biased...