The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Topic} Odds say Canucks miss playoffs

Rate this topic

Hairy Kneel

Knights and Oilers (if you know who stays healthy) will get in. I say Oilers because McD and Drai will win enough games in regular season. That leaves 1 divisional spot up for grabs. Canucks will compete with Seattle and LA for that I think. I don't see Calgary challenging for it. After that is obviously the two wild cards with STL, Nash, Winnepeg and Minny to compete with.

I think at this point it is an absolute crap shoot. 
We could click and outscore our issues. Demko could carry us at least to the threshold. 
It could be a terrible failure.  The defence doesn’t click, the forwards get pushed around to easily and Demko is slow out of the gate again. 
Either outcome seems about as likely to me. 
At least, unlike in the Benning years, if it doesn’t click we have some sellable assets. 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't think LA has the D or goaltending. 

Seattle lost Soucy, their best player (jk)

I think there's too much at stake with the Canucks not getting into the playoffs again. It'll be a team mindset from Day 1 of training camp.

I don't agree with the oddsmakers, whoever those guys are. Probably live out east. 

LA dont have the D?? Doughty who's arguable still one of the best defenceman both side of the ice, gavrikov, anderson and roy all would easily replace all our top 4s minus hughes and hronek and clarke whos only the 8th best prospect in the NHL as of march this year.. outside of questionable goaltending.. which is nothing new for the LA kings.. as they've managed to put up with mediocre goaltending for the past couple of years.. they easily make the playoffs unless the doughty and kopitar regress and falls off the face of the earth. 

Seattle Calgary Vancouver probably should be lump closer to each other in no particular order whos ahead of who

The same talking points every year no matter what we do or who we add. Also the same "20 games" benchmark goal posts that keep moving.

We have no problem scoring. We've improved our 3C and bottom six. We've improved or D significantly. We have great goaltending. We also have better youth and call-up depth.

We need a lot to go right but we should be a playoff team. And I'm certainly more optimistic based on our improvements. 

• Cheers 2