The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Columbus Blue Jackets investigating Babcock for using players phones to airplay private info

Rate this topic

Odd.

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With zero evidence, Mike Commodore calls Mike Babcock a pervert and states as a matter of fact that Babcock is doing exactly what he did in Toronto and Detroit.  He also states as a matter of fact that Mike Babcock is abusing Adam Fantilli.  

This could go down as the biggest lawsuit in NHL history if Babcock decides to pursue this.  He probably won't, even though he may have the backing of the Columbus Blue Jackets.  But I would bet big money that this is going to blow up in these guys faces and repercussions will happen soon...

Not sure what your obsession with Biz losing his career is but it's not gonna happen. If a clown like Simmons has a job Biz will be just fine. :lol:

6 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Us old guys know weird too.

Babcock is a creep and should be banned from all positions of authority.

I'm no spring chicken anymore either, but there are things that happened in the 80s that seemed entirely appropriate, even friendly and engaging - and nobody would've been able to fathom how they could be misconstrued, but now they're friggin' weird.

Remember everybody freaking out about Biden rubbing girls shoulders and stuff? He's just old. Suuuuper creepy, but not ill-intentiond, he's just old and the world changed.

• There it is 1

20 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

I'm no spring chicken anymore either, but there are things that happened in the 80s that seemed entirely appropriate, even friendly and engaging - and nobody would've been able to fathom how they could be misconstrued, but now they're friggin' weird.

Remember everybody freaking out about Biden rubbing girls shoulders and stuff? He's just old. Suuuuper creepy, but not ill-intentiond, he's just old and the world changed.

Babcock asked Mitch Marner personal information and then used it against him and harmed his relationship with teammates. 

I don't know that Babcock has earned the benefit of the doubt that looking into the personal lives of players is being done with negative intentions. On its own, the average 60-year old asking  to see photos on the phone of a 20-year old is weird, but certainly not harmful nor sinister. It could be easy to see how they were just trying to show that they care about who that individual is as a person. However, since Babcock is not the average 60 year old and has a history of pathologically manipulative behavior, he doesn't necessarily have a right to the benefit of doubt from everyone. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Babcock asked Mitch Marner personal information and then used it against him and harmed his relationship with teammates. 

I don't know that Babcock has earned the benefit of the doubt that looking into the personal lives of players is being done with negative intentions. On its own, the average 60-year old asking  to see photos on the phone of a 20-year old is weird, but certainly not harmful nor sinister. It could be easy to see how they were just trying to show that they care about who that individual is as a person. However, since Babcock is not the average 60 year old and has a history of pathologically manipulative behavior, he doesn't necessarily have a right to the benefit of doubt from everyone. 

And Babcock needed to do something extreme like that to try to get the players to put in an acceptable effort.  Dubas was wrong to fire him instead of telling Marner to stop floating and start acting like a man on and off the ice.

• Wat 1

39 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Marner was 19. 

“I was trying to focus on work ethic with Mitch - focusing on role models - it ended up not being a good idea. I apologized at the time,” Babcock said.

Even Babcock didn't think it was a good idea and recognized that the intent of it didn't manifest the right way. So even Babcock disagrees with you. The problem with pointing that out to you is that you might be the most mentally unhinged member on CDC so you're going to say some wild stuff and get protected by Deb when you do. 

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm a little surprised to see so many people carrying water for Babcock.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jack Gordon said:

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm a little surprised to see so many people carrying water for Babcock.

Maybe, just maybe people aren't "carrying water" for him, but are instead listening to the league and the players who have said it is a non issue.

If all of these alleged players are involved why has nobody come out to say anything?  Any notion of improper behaviour would see Babcock turfed immediately and said player would see no harm in coming out.  So why is the suggestion that "people are carrying water" for Babcock and not, hey maybe Bisonnette and Commodore are just lying out of their arses based on a situation that wasn't what they imply it is due to some sort of inherent bias or past issues with the coach?

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe, just maybe people aren't "carrying water" for him, but are instead listening to the league and the players who have said it is a non issue.

If all of these alleged players are involved why has nobody come out to say anything?  Any notion of improper behaviour would see Babcock turfed immediately and said player would see no harm in coming out.  So why is the suggestion that "people are carrying water" for Babcock and not, hey maybe Bisonnette and Commodore are just lying out of their arses based on a situation that wasn't what they imply it is due to some sort of inherent bias or past issues with the coach?

People seem to have a crush on the asshole, what can I say. It's not my problem dude.

You might as well withdraw your because I don't really care which way this goes. I'm here to have fun, not to get into snotty slanging matches.

People seem to have a crush on the asshole, what can I say. It's not my problem dude.

You might as well withdraw your because I don't really care which way this goes. I'm here to have fun, not to get into snotty slanging matches.

He says after 3 ish pages of slagging said "arsehole" 

Look mate.  It's cool.  You have this thing for Commodore.  babcock kicked your dog.  It's fine.  I just pointed out the obvious.  That aside from Bisonette and Commodore there is literally ZERO evidence to prove these allegations and not only are the two most high profile jackets players out saying it's nothing; but the NHL is too.

But you need this to be true to justify whatever bias you have and that's fine.  Doesn't detract from the fact that aside from some allegations at this point from two washed up players with serious issues with babcock, nothing has been proven at all.

Edited by Warhippy
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He says after 3 ish pages of slagging said "arsehole" 

Look mate.  It's cool.  You have this thing for Commodore.  babcock kicked your dog.  It's fine.  I just pointed out the obvious.  That aside from Bisonette and Commodore there is literally ZERO evidence to prove these allegations and not only are the two most high profile jackets players out saying it's nothing; but the NHL is too.

But you need this to be true to justify whatever bias you have and that's fine.  Doesn't detract from the fact that aside from some allegations at this point from two washed up players with serious issues with babcock, nothing has been proven at all.

Geez, you're even angrier now. This hockey stuff really gets you worked up eh.

Does your head explode at midnight?

Just now, Jack Gordon said:

Geez, you're even angrier now. This hockey stuff really gets you worked up eh.

Does your head explode at midnight?

lol angry

You need this to be true mate.  Not me.

You're this forums equivalent to "her emails" at this stage.

Carry on old timer

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

lol angry

You need this to be true mate.  Not me.

You're this forums equivalent to "her emails" at this stage.

Carry on old timer

Really, dude. It's true that I don't like Babcock at all, that's obvious. And I do wish he had remained true to his word and stuck to his announced retirement from coaching.

But my give-a-shit meter runs pretty low on this story. The Commodore clips were obviously intended to provide some chuckles as much as anything,

• Like 1

You do realize this is a public message we can all read, right? How about we accept Babcock’s attempt to get to know his players off the ice was uncomfortable, but there was zero intent on his part to do anything more than that? If you think Babs was up to no good that’s your option, but IMHAO you would be way off base. 

1 minute ago, Jack Gordon said:

Really, dude. It's true that I don't like Babcock at all, that's obvious. And I do wish he had remained true to his word and stuck to his announced retirement from coaching.

But my give-a-shit meter runs pretty low on this story. The Commodore clips were obviously intended to provide some chuckles as much as anything,

He's either guilty or he isn't.  At this point the truth lies in the middle of everything.

But the burden of proof is currently on the accusing duo of SC and Commodore.  Thus far it has no meat.  

That's all there is to it.  Suggesting people who just point this out are carrying water for a guy most of us have no respect for outside of a coaching record is a "you're with me or you're the enemy" situation and much like the truth, that's not accurate because it's more in the middle for people to say "ok.  He's kind of a terrible person; but let's see what the facts are before jumping on it" nothing more

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You do realize this is a public message we can all read, right? How about we accept Babcock’s attempt to get to know his players off the ice was uncomfortable, but there was zero intent on his part to do anything more than that? If you think Babs was up to no good that’s your option, but IMHAO you would be way off base. 

I respect your opinion Alf. You seem like a good dude.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

He's either guilty or he isn't.  At this point the truth lies in the middle of everything.

But the burden of proof is currently on the accusing duo of SC and Commodore.  Thus far it has no meat.  

That's all there is to it.  Suggesting people who just point this out are carrying water for a guy most of us have no respect for outside of a coaching record is a "you're with me or you're the enemy" situation and much like the truth, that's not accurate because it's more in the middle for people to say "ok.  He's kind of a terrible person; but let's see what the facts are before jumping on it" nothing more

I agree with this completely Warhippy. It will all come out in the wash, let's say.

We're all just spitballing here.