The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Columbus Blue Jackets investigating Babcock for using players phones to airplay private info

Rate this topic

Odd.

It’s worth mentioning that border agents can search phones/computers at will. These players are crossing international borders frequently and better be aware of what’s in their phone and it’s not private when entering another country. 

Babcock, ( if it’s true ) has no business asking for personal images or access to someone’s phone. He’s likely toast. 

• Cheers 1

Gotta feel for blue jackets fans. Had a horrible season and now this drama. The GM should take the blame for this.

Maybe it's for the better that they get rid of the coach if the players dislike him this much. I can't imagine the team would perform well if some are uncomfortable with him before the season has even started. 

If Babcock gets canned, who's another veteran coach currently available for the CBJ?

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The funniest part about all of this is that the “kids” literally share their entire life stories on social media on a daily basis but are weirded out when they are asked for some family photos off their phones.  All Babcock needed to do was ask Adam Fantilli what his Instagram handle was and he could get all the personal pics he needed right from the public site. Too funny. 

This part of your post is the best post in the thread brother.

Logical and reasonable.

These " kids " post when they are having a $hit or doing something no one gives 2 effs about and now one or some of them that don't have the courage to identify themselves accuse their coach of doing something they feel weirded out by ?

I am certainly no fan of Babcock or any bully for that matter however I despise lynch mobs even more.

What I love is evidence/ facts.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

40 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

This part of your post is the best post in the thread brother.

Logical and reasonable.

These " kids " post when they are having a $hit or doing something no one gives 2 effs about and now one or some of them that don't have the courage to identify themselves accuse their coach of doing something they feel weirded out by ?

I am certainly no fan of Babcock or any bully for that matter however I despise lynch mobs even more.

What I love is evidence/ facts.

Amen brother.  I just pulled up Adam Fantilli's Instagram account.  I know exactly what he did this summer.  Went to a Morgan Wallen concert on August 15 at Ohio stadium.  Hung out with friends.  Has pictures of his mom and dad in there and his brother.  Babcock's biggest mistake was not learning how to use the latest technology and social media apps...

• There it is 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:14 PM, canuckwings said:

Gotta feel for blue jackets fans. Had a horrible season and now this drama. The GM should take the blame for this.

Maybe it's for the better that they get rid of the coach if the players dislike him this much. I can't imagine the team would perform well if some are uncomfortable with him before the season has even started. 

If Babcock gets canned, who's another veteran coach currently available for the CBJ?

I have a feeling they will both be ok.

Last time, lots of folks defended Babcock saying players were just sensitive and being babies.  When it all came out and a bunch of highly respected veterans said he was an abusive bully, folks changed their tune.

Seems the same playbook is happening now.  I am not giving Babcock the benefit of the doubt here.