The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Columbus Blue Jackets investigating Babcock for using players phones to airplay private info

Rate this topic

Odd.

This world we live in now is just so reactionary and temperamental. Just a coach trying to get to know his players. Kind of weird? Ya. But why does everything have to be in the news now? Drives me nuts. I'm really not a big Babcock fan and he's highly overrated.  How many Jack Adams? One cup ring. This stuff should just stay in house and tools like BizNasty and others need to stop trying to get clicks off this crap. 

3 hours ago, Pears said:

If these allegations do turn out to be false then that might be it for Spittin Chiclets. You cannot be making extremely slanderous accusations like that if you aren’t 100% certain they’re legit.  

Zero chance barstool drops one of their cash cows. 

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’m pretty sure Biz has to talked to actual players on Columbus, I don’t think he’d be putting himself out there like this on some flimsy rumour.

Let’s not forget his history here. There’s a reason why his former players have called him out.

“A leopard can’t change its spots”

Both Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau have denied it and issued statements.  Why would they lie?  

Paul Bissonette is in some deep shit IMO.  If I was Babcock I would be going after his a** hard to try and put him out of business for good...

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Nope - this story is not yet over.  Biz just doubled down so this whole saga continues....

Warning: Tweet contains inappropriate language.

Reveal hidden contents

He's doubling down and getting closer to ending his podcast career IMO.  This is defamation, massive lawsuit kinda stuff.  Biz wasn't even in the room and is getting 2nd hand info.  He's gonna take this all the way to the unemployment line IMO.  Both Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau have denied it.  Sharing each other's family photos is a HUGE difference then what Biz is inferring Babcock did...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

It sounds to me like both sides of this story are 100% true.

There's an old dude legitimately trying to be chummy and says, 'hey it would be nicer to see those tiny pictures on the big screen, and they even learned me how to do that technology'.

There are members of a younger generation that feel weird about that, because it's legitimately a little weird.

Intentions and the way they are received can be very different, especially with regard to generational stuff. No chance my dad could tell you why this was weird.

I have no idea what happened, but I definitely agree that there is a massive generational divide when it comes to photos. Babcock is from an era of photo albums and having company over and showing photos from a trip to illustrate who you are. The Kent Johnson generation does not think this way. Photos on their phone and photos on Instagram are dramatically different concepts. I can see how young guys would react and instead of talking to the coach run to Biz. 

If Babcock is genuinely trying to turn over a new leaf it would suck for this sort of thing to get in the way of that. His past is really messed up, and I don't know that he deserves another chance to coach an NHL team, but there also needs to be room to allow people to change if they are trying to be better. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Putgolzin said:

It sounds to me like both sides of this story are 100% true.

There's an old dude legitimately trying to be chummy and says, 'hey it would be nicer to see those tiny pictures on the big screen, and they even learned me how to do that technology'.

There are members of a younger generation that feel weird about that, because it's legitimately a little weird.

Intentions and the way they are received can be very different, especially with regard to generational stuff. No chance my dad could tell you why this was weird.

This is definitely starting to sound like a scenario where one of the Columbus players found the interaction a little weird but amusing and went to Paul Bissonnette and like, "hey Biz, you wanna hear something funny? Babcock was trying to bond with us by having us show each other pictures of our families. Can you believe it?" And Bissonnette went "ooo, I've got a juicy story now!"

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’m pretty sure Biz has to talked to actual players on Columbus, I don’t think he’d be putting himself out there like this on some flimsy rumour.

Let’s not forget his history here. There’s a reason why his former players have called him out.

“A leopard can’t change its spots”

Could contain: Photography, Glass, Beer, Beverage, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Cup, Glasses

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's doubling down and getting closer to ending his podcast career IMO.  This is defamation, massive lawsuit kinda stuff.  Biz wasn't even in the room and is getting 2nd hand info.  He's gonna take this all the way to the unemployment line IMO.  Both Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau have denied it.  Sharing each other's family photos is a HUGE difference then what Biz is inferring Babcock did...

I don’t think his podcasting career will be over, but he could face some serious lawsuits. 

Alex Jones owes over a billion dollars to the Sandy Hook victim’s families.

I know these are 2 vastly different things and I doubt he’ll end up owing THAT much money, but it could financially cripple him.

25 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

This is definitely starting to sound like a scenario where one of the Columbus players found the interaction a little weird but amusing and went to Paul Bissonnette and like, "hey Biz, you wanna hear something funny? Babcock was trying to bond with us by having us show each other pictures of our families. Can you believe it?" And Bissonnette went "ooo, I've got a juicy story now!"

Whoever that player is (the source) the Jackets should dump him fast. Clearly Babcock is trying to be better at knowing his players away from the rink. He’s not very good at that and used the family photo sharing as a way to bridge that gap. It’s a bit strange but it is a coach trying to improve on an area (player relationships) he’s been poor at.  

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So that's it?

"Hey [insert player name] you've all this stuff going on?  Sounds awesome, can i see photos?  Oh wait I can cast them on to my tv via airplay?  That's awesome show me how"

Kinda seems like a LOT of narrative pushing on the backs of past behaviour for clicks.  That aint cool.  If this is really all it is, this will put them in eklund territory

So that's it.  Literally just...this.

Enjoy being sued in to poverty Biznasty

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Both Boone Jenner and Johnny Gaudreau have denied it and issued statements.  Why would they lie?  

Paul Bissonette is in some deep shit IMO.  If I was Babcock I would be going after his a** hard to try and put him out of business for good...

Probably cause they don’t want drama surrounding the team before their season starts.

I’ve got a feeling a couple players told Biz but maybe he wasn’t supposed to spill the beans.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. I really don’t think this is just a complete fabrication.

2 hours ago, Bure2Win said:

He's already in trouble again and the season hasn't even started?   Man didn't see this coming.........NOT!:picard:

What in the heck are you getting at? The guy reporting there was a problem is a liar. The players said there isn’t anything going on. You got it all mixed up. 
image.gif.de1567d296040b760b4ab39df247be2c.gif

• There it is 1