The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

17 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I respect the point Boudias

But my point is a little different

Media and fans can talk about the skills, IQ, etc...….but that is not what this is about. This constant complaining about Tryamkin leaving is about a personal decision to go back home, and as fable tells it for his wife, although I think some more issues may have arisen, they were not about his skill or contribution, but fans talking like they hate him because he went home...…..friggin silly! to question his personal motives, I think...……….

Express disappointment all you want...….but, you decide to go home and all every stranger in the city is calling you a  friggin idiot because you love your wife???? 

As Horvat would say...…."Come ON!"

I agree with you if this is all about a decision to go home for personal reasons. That said the lifestyle and personal issues faced by players do impact the potential of a team and are dwelt on by fans. The latest in a long line of examples is what happened in Ottawa last year. Both Hartman and Karlsson are gone! The classic was the goings on with the Laffers in the Gary Lehman era. Players are people and their priorities vary. The potential outcomes will be talked about.  

I was very disappointed when Tryamkin went back to Russia. That said I respected the fact that he honored his contract with the Canucks and appears to be doing the same with his KHL team. My take was that not all his reasons were family in nature but if they were then credit to him. In the end hockey is a job that provides support for his family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I was very disappointed when Tryamkin went back to Russia. That said I respected the fact that he honored his contract with the Canucks and appears to be doing the same with his KHL team. My take was that not all his reasons were family in nature but if they were then credit to him. In the end hockey is a job that provides support for his family. 

I don't really blame him though. They told him one thing and another thing happened. They told him that they were going to develop him in the NHL and the Canucks tried to put in in the AHL. Willie give him limited minutes when he was clearly better than other D who got more minutes. I would be angry too. What is is with the Canucks with their horrendous history with Russian players?

Really hope this big guy comes back here. It will be interesting how long of a contract he would sign if he does. He could also demand to be protected from the expansion draft as well - if he signs a 4 year contract we may want to anyways. Protected:

Hughes (assuming he plays at the end of this year)

Juolevi

Tryamkin

Exposes: Stecher, Gudbranson, Hutton (also, Edler and Tanev if they are still here)

Edited by HomeBrew

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Really hope that if the guy comes back he shows up in shape this time.

Your flushing an empty toilet gurn,  and although there’s a 3 year old Province news paper there with a big picture of Willie D and a story of him throwing Nik under the bus, that you like to Re-read...   maybe catch up and watch some KHL games.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

I think you should read “Clinton Cash” and it’s sequel.  There is also the testimony of the FBI informant who testified to Congress regarding Uranium One, laundering of the money involved, and shipment of the Uranium.

So, just throwing a bit of rational thought on the whole idea, if the FBI had a credible informant and this informant testified in front of a Republican led investigation, why no real news/charges etc...?

They had 11 separate investigations into Benghazi, almost the same number into her emails, I was surprised they didn't have a congressional investigation into her bowel movements.  

So if the Republican lead Congress and the Republican in charge of the FBI who took the unprecedented step of disclosing an investigation during an election did nothing about this 145 million dollar treason conspiracy, it just doesn't add up.  

The head of the CIA and FBI were hold overs from the Bush administration's too.  

I am.not a Clinton fan, but I think the Orange man is a goddamn disaster too...  so no horse in the race.  

Edited by Phat Fingers

4 hours ago, smokes said:

I don't really blame him though. They told him one thing and another thing happened. They told him that they were going to develop him in the NHL and the Canucks tried to put in in the AHL. Willie give him limited minutes when he was clearly better than other D who got more minutes. I would be angry too. What is is with the Canucks with their horrendous history with Russian players?

and there is an implied agreement that you show up to camp in NHL ready shape.  He wasn't even close

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

and there is an implied agreement that you show up to camp in NHL ready shape.  He wasn't even close

Here is the thing Stawns

Where he came from, maybe he could get away with being in that shape and get by? Can you say contrary? 

Maybe he under estimated the league....maybe he was immature, or had bad advise

Maybe he partied with OV all that summer?

43 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the thing Stawns

Where he came from, maybe he could get away with being in that shape and get by? Can you say contrary? 

I think he just under estimated what being an NHL player meant and required of his mind and body, he was vastly unprepared and not accepting the two week conditioning assignment was, in retrospect, a red flag to where his head was back.

We'll see in the next two years if he's a guy who wants to be amongst the best in the world or if he's happy with the comforts of home and an easier road

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the thing Stawns

maybe upon realizing that he in fact clearly erred in his estimations

maybe he could have corrected his error by accepting a conditioning stint to utica ?

25 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

maybe upon realizing that he in fact clearly erred in his estimations

maybe he could have corrected his error by accepting a conditioning stint to utica ?

Not at you Coastal

But the trouble is we just don't have enough info on "all" that was going on...….

If the Canucks said that he could play his way into shape, then tried to reneg

along with him out playing Some, especially in his mind

There was a lot of drama on both sides, it doesn't matter any more...it is done

Now if he makes the same mistake again....well that is on him

but old Jimbo should not have put that into his contract unless he meant it

I would guess, the next contract will be drawn up a lot differently

Or not?

I hope he come back and gives it a try

We could use him...…..we'll see!

Merry Christmas

6 hours ago, smokes said:

Tryamkins biggest ptoblem was always his conditioning or lack of it.

Right from the start it was the problem as evidenced by him bent over sucking air after every stoppage in play.

Getting into nhl professional shape was not big on his priority list then and now as he drags his out of shape ass up and down the khl ice.

His conditioning was like Huttons last year not up to par and they wanted him to be like the hutton this year in top shape and the difference shows in huttons play.

I question trams commitment and willingness to be a professionsl when it comes to being in top shape.

1 minute ago, Old school nuck said:

Tryamkins biggest ptoblem was always his conditioning or lack of it.

Right from the start it was the problem as evidenced by him bent over sucking air after every stoppage in play.

Getting into nhl professional shape was not big on his priority list then and now as he drags his out of shape ass up and down the khl ice.

His conditioning was like Huttons last year not up to par and they wanted him to be like the hutton this year in top shape and the difference shows in huttons play.

I question trams commitment and willingness to be a professionsl when it comes to being in top shape.

They had the same concerns with Chara when he was in Ottawa then Ottawa gave up on him and look what he turned out to be? I did a lot of good things on the ice. A lot of it better than the Sbisas and such but he still got pinned to the bench. I remember this city lighting up when he was on the ice. How quick we forget.

2 minutes ago, smokes said:

They had the same concerns with Chara when he was in Ottawa then Ottawa gave up on him and look what he turned out to be? I did a lot of good things on the ice. A lot of it better than the Sbisas and such but he still got pinned to the bench. I remember this city lighting up when he was on the ice. How quick we forget.

Sometimes adversity brings out the best in us if your willing to learn the lessons.

Obviously Ottawa informed Chara they wanted him in better shape and he refused to listen so was traded and then woke up to the fact that if he didnt get in and maintain proper conditioning his career was moving towards nhl bust .

Some players will respond after being benched some won't. 

Hutton has responded positively to his benching last year and realized if he didn't get into nhl shape his nhl was moving towards bust.

Yo date Tram has not responded positively to being benched in the khl either.

Does he respond positively next year by coming into the new sea3don in top shape .

Maybe but maybe not as he's been dragging his lazy ass up and down the ice this khl season so far.

People keep talking about Tryamkin coming in out of shape. Maybe he was, but personally I do think when players are that big, being in shape is a bit different. People were on Chara too, and on Buff for the same reasons. But I think different rules may apply when you’re abnormally big like these guys. It’s not meant to be a cop out, but a truth.

Edited by Slegr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

People keep talking about Tryamkin coming in out of shape. Maybe he was, but personally I do think when players are that big, being in shape is a bit different. People were on Chara too, and on Buff for the same reasons. But I think different rules may apply when you’re abnormally big like these guys. It’s not meant to be a cop out, but a truth.

Everyone needs to be in yop shape to withstand the rigors of a 82 game season.

Brock hit the wall after 50 or so games last year because of fatigue.

I don't see how it can be claimed if your a big guy you dont need to be in proper shape.

If you're not in top condition you hit the fatigue wall simple as that.

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

More of an open bench door than 'wall'.

That is true but I felt he was looking fatigued and was in a goal slump just prior to that door.

He stated at the beginning of this year he had worked hard on his conditioning to withstand the rigors of a full nhl season.

So I guess he knew he hit the wall and was fatigued.

Rookies often make the mistake thinking their highly conditioned enough and hit that wall.

When Salo said that Joulevi needed to be in better shape he didn't mean hes in bad shape just that most rookies underestimate the conditioning you need to avoid hitting that fatigue wall.

Boeser and Hutton thought they had worked hard enough on their conditioning last year but were wrong .

This year they know and have started this year in top professionally condition.

Tram in my estimation has failed to take conditioning serious enough and clearly labors  on the ice and that is the root of all his problems.

Edited by Old school nuck
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Slegr said:

Out of shape for a proffesional athlete means he is six weeks from IN shape..   

to me, there was no need for the Coach to make a news story about it.

When Nik was on the ice after that, he was one of the most exciting players we could watch..  anyone who can slam and rag doll Jamie Benn in a single shift, and have a dynamic game for a man that size,.  Should have been sheltered by a Coach to gain confidence from that player.

Exactly the opposite happened.   He would look massive and fast in a game like tonight against the Oilers

• Upvote 1