The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Does anyone even know if Sutter is healthy yet?

The last update seemed to be that his recovery time from surgery was 6-8 weeks back in March. So I would think he would have begun working out and there's been rumours that the Canucks may be looking to see if any teams want to take him on.  But other than that, no concrete updates on his health status.

• Thanks 1

"My only concern is that he struggled in the KHL towards the middle to end of last season . He was stripped of the C one month after getting it , and even healthy scratched . Got off to a great start as their #1, ended up stripped of the C and sitting on the bench.  Not a great sign . Especially considering the issues he had here with entitlement. "

@cuporbust you posted this in the now locked thread, so I thought I would comment on it here.

The captaincy issue has been discussed and it is believed that Nigel Dawes was always the captain of the team and they gave it to Tryamkin (may have rotated it) until he came back. So I wouldn't call it "stripped" but rather as a good sign that they felt he was deserving of it at some point in the first place for his leadership.

The healthy scratch was also discussed in that they were rotating their dmen to keep them fresh and healthy and it was simply his turn when he was scratched. It wasn't a result of poor play. I imagine the minutes also fluctuate for this same reason.

Tryamkin is far from a complete player and I don't think he's a fitness freak or anything so while he has many desirable attributes as a player, I'm not surprised that he will have his struggles. Hopefully he continues to progress and realize that being in top shape will make you an even better player and have a longer career. It's definitely a concern if he never figures this out, but at worst he's a bottom pairing dman at the NHL level.

• Upvote 2

So, are we waiting to see if the contract will allow him to come over as soon as his upcoming season ends, or is the KHL team letting him go, for a payment, in order for them to get under the salary cap, in which case we will see him at this upcoming training camp, do we know which it is yet? 

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

He didn't show enough for me to have earned a full time spot last season. We no longer have the room to develop players at the NHL level, so unless he has an incredible camp and knocks someone out, I have him down in Utica to start. Still a long off season, but I'm expecting us to try to up Sutter's value and moving him sometime this season if possible, but if he gets hurt again, then Gaudette will replace him. I think Gaudette will benefit from getting more minutes in Utica and hopefully not being called back and forth to have some stability in development. The fact that he's doesn't need waivers also puts the odds against him.

Personally I thought he had more good games than Sutter...but you could be right about starting in Utica...

18 minutes ago, aliboy said:

So, are we waiting to see if the contract will allow him to come over as soon as his upcoming season ends, or is the KHL team letting him go, for a payment, in order for them to get under the salary cap, in which case we will see him at this upcoming training camp, do we know which it is yet? 

All at but vague right now, but “apparently” on live Instagram with Goldy yesterday and stated that he wants to come back to Vancouver,. Just waiting for a contract.

The initial info had Tryamkin saying this about himself,. But I’m wondering if this was mistaken and was Goldy talking about his own current situation.

Tryamkins team has stacked its roster, and they will no doubt be faced with Cap issues.. something might give.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Personally I thought he had more good games than Sutter...but you could be right about starting in Utica...

Sutter was playing injured the entire year basically. That wasn't the normal Sutter. Benning has proven that he will make room for those that have earned it, so we will see how camp plays out, but I was simply answering how we can fit Goldobin into the lineup along with Baertschi. We could also send Biega down and have 14 forwards, but that seems like overkill to me.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

All at but vague right now, but “apparently” on live Instagram with Goldy yesterday and stated that he wants to come back to Vancouver,. Just waiting for a contract.

The initial info had Tryamkin saying this about himself,. But I’m wondering if this was mistaken and was Goldy talking about his own current situation.

Tryamkins team has stacked its roster, and they will no doubt be faced with Cap issues.. something might give.

Just to “update” The Avtomobilist roster situation..

The Team lists 50 players on its roster, and I beleive they can only have 25 players + 10 affiliate players.

I beleive there are 12 or possibly more Defence men listed on that.

Hypothetically speaking,.

Avtomobilist could release Tryamkin if there is a mutual agreement, the buy out of half his salary would be aprx. $370,000.oo usd

I beleive the KHL Season starts in September.

interesting times.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just to “update” The Avtomobilist roster situation..

The Team lists 50 players on its roster, and I beleive they can only have 25 players + 10 affiliate players.

I beleive there are 12 or possibly more Defence men listed on that.

Hypothetically speaking,.

Avtomobilist could release Tryamkin if there is a mutual agreement, the buy out of half his salary would be aprx. $370,000.oo usd

I beleive the KHL Season starts in September.

interesting times.

If we could somehow get Tryamkin signed for this year, wow, this team would suddenly be crazy good and in my opinion would go from one of the worst defensive cores last year to one of the best this year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Edler - Tanev
Hughes - Tryamkin
Benn/Stetcher - Myers

I like it

How many times do we have to play Tanev top minutes until we realize he can’t stay healthy?

If Tryamkin is brought back then either Stecher or Tanev are out.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Tryamkin/Stecher

Tanev traded:

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin

Benn Stecher

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How many times do we have to play Tanev top minutes until we realize he can’t stay healthy?

If Tryamkin is brought back then either Stecher or Tanev are out.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Tryamkin/Stecher

Tanev traded:

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin

Benn Stecher

Tanev is the horse we ride until he is physically unable to walk and we have to take him out back of Rogers arena and put him out of his misery with a double barrel shotgun. Until that day though, I'll keep him in.

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

That sounds like it could be right, Goldobin telling Tryamkin he likes Vancouver and is just waiting on a contract. But I do believe Tryamkin has mentioned he would like to come back.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Tanev is the horse we ride until he is physically unable to walk and we have to take him out back of Rogers arena and put him out of his misery with a double barrel shotgun. Until that day though, I'll keep him in.

Then Stecher is the odd man out.

Green won’t sit Stetcher and theres no point bringing back Tryamkin if he’s gonna be a number 7.

Edited by DeNiro

I was thinking that keeping Tanev until the TDL and then trading him would be good, because he might have value to another team, but the Canucks may also be in a position where they're in the playoff chase. Would they trade away a vet like Tanev (if he's healthy) to another team when he helped them get to where they are? The same could be said for Sutter. With Tanev, Tryamkin might be returning down the stretch, so I'm not sure where Tanev would fit. Maybe keep them both for depth? Injuries are going to happen. Tryamkin in the playoffs could be great fun to watch.  

Tanev should be sheltered with Hughes. When Hughes is on the ice, Tanev won't have to block many shots. The puck will be in the O-zone most of the time. A healthy Tanev is worth a fair bit to a playoff team. Maybe Tryamkin plays with Benn, until Tanev is traded?

8 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The strange thing I noticed when I was looking up TOI is Hutton had the most for Vcr and they lets him go  :lol:

He was way over his head. And he wasn't worth his QO. Seems pretty simple.

They picked up Benn who is more physical and a better D man for what the Canucks need. There is a reason Hutton still isn't signed and it is almost August.

• Upvote 1