The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Avto has 16 Dmen signed, with at least a dozen who could be KHL regulars. But when Tryamkin rotates out for a game, it’ll be a “healthy scratch.” :frantic:

:lol:

If/when he returns to the Canucks, they'll say he's not loyal and a primadonna jumping ship from team to team.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Avto has 16 Dmen signed, with at least a dozen who could be KHL regulars. But when Tryamkin rotates out for a game, it’ll be a “healthy scratch.” :frantic:

:lol:

They have a stock load of D men, I think they will adjust without Tryamkin 

A couple of their big D looked good last season.

49 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

How do you trade a UFA? 

Or do you mean trade his rights before he becomes a UFA? Kevin Hayes like? Who & what would they give up for that?

yah admittedly not a real good option.. 

a sign & trade isn't awesome either.. 

if JB does want to move on, he might want to explore that before he gets injured, so start making calls in October :P

6 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

yah admittedly not a real good option.. 

a sign & trade isn't awesome either.. 

if JB does want to move on, he might want to explore that before he gets injured, so start making calls in October :P

If Benning can get Loui squared away by some means and recover that cap space, after Boeser, he’ll have room for one eighth of a ton of Russian D that fills your average doorway.

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

If Benning can get Loui squared away by some means and recover that cap space, after Boeser, he’ll have room for one eighth of a ton of Russian D that fills your average doorway.

They’ll move Sutter in feb for a late first if he can be bubble wrapped and stay healthy. Law of averages says he’s due to have a healthy good season. Erickson won’t report to Utica and will void his contract imho. My bet is his agent is already talking to teams and trying to set that up. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

They’ll move Sutter in feb for a late first if he can be bubble wrapped and stay healthy. Law of averages says he’s due to have a healthy good season. Erickson won’t report to Utica and will void his contract imho. My bet is his agent is already talking to teams and trying to set that up. 

Europe or bust for Loui.  He can’t void, or unilaterally terminate his contract, and still play in the NHL.  The Canucks will absolutely support Loui retiring though. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Europe or bust for Loui.  He can’t void, or unilaterally terminate his contract, and still play in the NHL.  The Canucks will absolutely support Loui retiring though. 

They can mutually terminate it. Which is what will happen if they send him to Utica, he will ask. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Sutter won't go anywhere if the Canucks are in a playoff race imo.

NT is the wildcard/ Ace up JB's sleeve...drafted in the 3rd round, NT coming to play at year end with the Canucks to push for a playoff spot and then contend for the cup, and being a dominant force, steady dman will go a long way to seal an extension to JB's contract...

Tryamkin is a player that has the potential to be a game changer if he plays to his strengths, which it seems he does play to his strengths and uses his size effectively.

He just needs to add 20 pts per season and be a "+" player, just like all the other steady defensive stud dman that have won the cup.

Edler, Benn, Myers, OJ, Tanev, Stecher all have the ability to be "+" players...if they are "+" players, then we are in the playoffs...steady defensive dmen win hockey games, especially if the team has snipers up front, which the Canucks do.

Edited by Pete M
if I was in JB's position, then I would do everything to ensure NT is on the team roster by year end.
  • Upvote 2

On 7/27/2019 at 9:14 PM, 18W-40C-6W said:

Sutter will have to have a career year to attract a first with a strong draft expected. Better wrap his bubble wrap in foam and a level 99 force field and couple dozen crucifixes.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:33 AM, Pete M said:

NT is the wildcard/ Ace up JB's sleeve...drafted in the 3rd round, NT coming to play at year end with the Canucks to push for a playoff spot and then contend for the cup, and being a dominant force, steady dman will go a long way to seal an extension to JB's contract...

Tryamkin is a player that has the potential to be a game changer if he plays to his strengths, which it seems he does play to his strengths and uses his size effectively.

He just needs to add 20 pts per season and be a "+" player, just like all the other steady defensive stud dman that have won the cup.

Edler, Benn, Myers, OJ, Tanev, Stecher all have the ability to be "+" players...if they are "+" players, then we are in the playoffs...steady defensive dmen win hockey games, especially if the team has snipers up front, which the Canucks do.

It took Chara five years in North America and at the age of 25-26 before he finally put it all together.  IMO, Tryamkin is a little behind on his development curve, but by the time he's back for a full season, I'm thinking (more like hoping, TBH) that he'll be producing at the rate that you're calling for.  I don't think Tryamkin is that far off.

43 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto played the first exhibition game of preseason in Czech Republic against Chomutov hockey club playing in Czech Extraliga. Avto played without most of its leaders and easily won 4-0. Tryamkin played, no points - this is all info I could get.

Cool, thanks Sterlitz

7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Sutter will have to have a career year to attract a first with a strong draft expected. Better wrap his bubble wrap in foam and a level 99 force field and couple dozen crucifixes.

Wouldn't be suprised if somehow Sutter gets injured in the pressbox while watching our boy Gaudz light it up in his spot

• Hydration 1
  • Wat 1