The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, Lazurus said:

There are more than you on the forum, it isn't all about you.

The cap thing was a continuation with the idea of signing Tryamkin and anticipating the next "he can"t sign here now because of the cap" comment.

Just as a total off topic comment, teams can make trades even now,but the players cannot play for the remainder of this season and the cap hit counts against this year. Doesn't happen but can.

You call me a troll then go on a rant about cap space.(which I never brought up). 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

If he's released by his KHL team they loose his rights as I understand, not good management considering he's not a guaranteed NHL player. They would want him back in the KHL 

They will lose his rights anyway April 30 as I understand it. Refusing to release him probably is not a good move then if they want him back in the future. 

one thing not mentioned is that Nik’s probably a bit down after being eliminated from the playoffs, so could be a few days before he’s mentally ready to make a decision for this season if he hasn’t already. He could also be banged up etc which could play a part in his decision. 

That said - can’t wait to see him rag doll opponents again...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

If he's released by his KHL team they loose his rights as I understand, not good management considering he's not a guaranteed NHL player. They would want him back in the KHL 

He is the best defense man on their team so being "nice" to him might get him to re-sign with them if things go sideways here.

But that won't happen the guy already was a force in the league as a rookie, you think Jamie Benn won't want him on his team or Arizona or Anaheim?

He has a over a 7 foot reach add a hockey stick and he covers the faceoff circle standing still.

It isn't like he is trying out, he has NHL experience and as I posted before, when he was leaned on he was better than Hutton, Sbisa, Edler (that year) and Gudbranson but for some reason Willie played Larsen over him or gave him more time, maybe Willie just liked AHL players more or hated "Ruskies". Whatever there was a big communication failure by the team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Is he not a Group 6 Free agent ??

This make more sense to me than anything I’ve read so far ...

44B7BE58-343D-4E0F-8CEF-002D18B44182.jpeg

No, the Canucks hold his rights indefinitely because there is no transfer agreement with the KHL.

What are the exclusive signing rights for Non-North American Drafted Players [Leagues with No NHL Transfer Agreement]?

Example leagues with no existing NHL transfer agreement are:
  • KHL
  • NLA/NLB (Switzerland)
DRAFT AGE BONA-FIDE OFFER EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS RETAINED SOURCE
18 or 19 Not required Indefinitely  
20 or older Not required Indefinitely  
Additional Details:
  • The NHL club must tag the player as “Defected” and place them on their 90 player reserve list.
  • If the player moves to a league that the NHL does have a Transfer Agreement with, at that moment the Club must sign the Player or lose its exclusive rights to negotiate.

Edited by Lazurus

27 minutes ago, qwijibo said:
30 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

There are more than you on the forum, it isn't all about you.

The cap thing was a continuation with the idea of signing Tryamkin and anticipating the next "he can"t sign here now because of the cap" comment.

You call me a troll then go on a rant about cap space.(which I never brought up). 

He could be here as early as 12:30 tomorrow. Not to play but to get ready, hopefully the Canucks have smoothed the road already, found a nice quiet out of town house, not downtown, laid the ground work with his agent when he was here and already thought about a rest period of a few days. I would not expect him to play before Saturday at the earliest.:emot-parrot:

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

No, the Canucks hold his rights indefinitely because there is no transfer agreement with the KHL.

What are the exclusive signing rights for Non-North American Drafted Players [Leagues with No NHL Transfer Agreement]?

Example leagues with no existing NHL transfer agreement are:
  • KHL
  • NLA/NLB (Switzerland)
DRAFT AGE BONA-FIDE OFFER EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS RETAINED SOURCE
18 or 19 Not required Indefinitely  
20 or older Not required Indefinitely  
Additional Details:
  • The NHL club must tag the player as “Defected” and place them on their 90 player reserve list.
  • If the player moves to a league that the NHL does have a Transfer Agreement with, at that moment the Club must sign the Player or lose its exclusive rights to negotiate.

Sounds good to me..  and because their is no transfer agreement restrictions, or dates involved with signing deadline with the KHL, and the fact he is on our reserve roster..

sounds good to go on his release from Avtomobilist.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sounds good to me..  and because their is no transfer agreement restrictions, or dates involved with signing deadline with the KHL, and the fact he is on our reserve roster..

sounds good to go on his release from Avtomobilist.

Honestly he doesn't even have to wait until April 30, he can just go anytime, no transfer agreement.

Edited by Lazurus

2 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Hnestly he doesn't even have to wait until his April 30, he can just go, no transfer agreement.

2 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Hnestly he doesn't even have to wait until his April 30, he can just go, no transfer agreement.

.. so we should start the go fund me page for a non stop flight by himself ,

free from corona V crowd ;) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Its a wait and see.

i dont get the bashers, they really got to get help with mental health depression issues.

It is because some posters on here seem to think they know more than some people that follow hockey for a living.

I would be fine if Tryamkin can play, but knowledgeable people say he can't. The only ones that say he can are just internet posters.

I will put my money on the not-posters lol.  

But if I am wrong, it really doesn't matter. We possibly get another 3rd pairing D for a couple games. We may not even make the play offs. I hope we do.

This thread has been like the idiots hoarding toilet paper. Just a bunch of nothing.....

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Without looking at the CBA, here's what I have gleaned with my years of expertise (gained by spending lots of time on CDC :lol:).

FACTS:

- Tryamkin was an RFA when he left, and we tendered a qualifying offer to retain his rights

- Tryamkin did NOT sign a deal with any team in a league with which the NHL has a transfer agreement

- Tryamkin is on the Canucks 90 man reserve list

The comparable situation would be when Radulov returned to Nashville in 2012 after going back to Russia. He had already completed his ELC, then chose not to sign with Nashville and went back home. They tendered a qualifying offer to retain his rights. He re-signed at the end of his KHL season and rejoined the team.

This is unlike the Nylander situation where he had to sign by Dec 1st (I think that's the date) or else be ineligible for the whole season. If Nylander had gone to play in the SHL that year (or even for multiple years like NT), he would not be able to return later in the season due to the transfer agreement.

Since there is no transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL, seasons there would not count towards the 7 years of professional experience to be a UFA.

Anyways, I could be entirely wrong and he truly IS ineligible for this season (which would be a BUMMER), but I'm pretty sure I'm right. I LOVE being right, so let's hope that's the case. For my sake too, but mostly for the Canucks.

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

With you on this..

think I’ve read more of the CBA than I ever had in the past week,  lol

it is interesting.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Without looking at the CBA, here's what I have gleaned with my years of expertise (gained by spending lots of time on CDC :lol:).

FACTS:

- Tryamkin was an RFA when he left, and we tendered a qualifying offer to retain his rights

- Tryamkin did NOT sign a deal with any team in a league with which the NHL has a transfer agreement

- Tryamkin is on the Canucks 90 man reserve list

The comparable situation would be when Radulov returned to Nashville in 2012 after going back to Russia. He had already completed his ELC, then chose not to sign with Nashville and went back home. They tendered a qualifying offer to retain his rights. He re-signed at the end of his KHL season and rejoined the team.

This is unlike the Nylander situation where he had to sign by Dec 1st (I think that's the date) or else be ineligible for the whole season. If Nylander had gone to play in the SHL that year (or even for multiple years like NT), he would not be able to return later in the season due to the transfer agreement.

Since there is no transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL, seasons there would not count towards the 7 years of professional experience to be a UFA.

Anyways, I could be entirely wrong and he truly IS ineligible for this season (which would be a BUMMER), but I'm pretty sure I'm right. I LOVE being right, so let's hope that's the case. For my sake too, but mostly for the Canucks.

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

@qwijibo

we’re waiting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2