The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Linden Vey accepts qualifying offer

This.

Too many people on CDC follow just the Canucks, and are therefore ultra skeptical about any newcomers that lack anything to do with the Canucks on their resume as pro hockey players.

You say that like it's a problem, but you're mixing up two separate issues.

That's some elitism right there. Many of us have full time jobs/careers plus family, friends, and many other obligations. I sure can't keep track of all thirty teams, every game they play, and all of the prospects they have in their system. Oh, and all the junior players, too, that haven't been drafted yet. I watch what I can, and I read what I can, but I also don't claim to be an expert.

I try to get what information I can before forming opinions, though, which definitely extends to new players like Vey. And from what I've heard, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Simple as that.

So, just because some of you have already been scouting the next crop of five-year-old players, doesn't mean the rest of us are complete mouth-breathers. You have an issue, more specifically, with the fans that say "I haven't heard of him so he must be a plug", while many of us are saying "I'm not an expert on all things hockey, but I can't wait for the season to start and to watch what effect all of Benning's changes will have on this franchise".

Can someone please explain who Vey is why some people are so gung-ho for him being on the team?

Desjardins pickup, I guess. So far he's been nothing but a callup and was discarded during LA's recent cup run. Expectations should be tempered. He's no Shirokov.

Desjardins pickup, I guess. So far he's been nothing but a callup and was discarded during LA's recent cup run. Expectations should be tempered. He's no Shirokov.

He should fit right in, no one on the Canucks would've made LAs team during their cup run

Those ppl just are hockey fans and not canucks fans.

Hes a grade A ahl prospect rdy to score 20+ goals for his juniour coach willie d.

That's quite the accurate explanation actually. Desjardins' Burrows.

If he doesn't make the line-up THIS year, i think it's a huge mistake by Benning imo

EDIT: I'm not saying he won't because he probably will, but if he doesn't, then we've lost the trade already.

For me it's Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Lain, Sauvé, McCann and Virtanen. If they don't make the team this season, might as well close down the whole league.

I hope you get the extreme sarcasm I did not attempt to conceal in any way.

He should fit right in, no one on the Canucks would've made LAs team during their cup run

I'm pretty sure Daniel and Henrik, Bieksa, Edler, and Hamhuis would have made the L.A. Team.

You don't have to be so vindictive.

If he doesn't make the line-up THIS year, i think it's a huge mistake by Benning imo

EDIT: I'm not saying he won't because he probably will, but if he doesn't, then we've lost the trade already.

Why? Because the 2nd round pick we traded for him would've made the line up right away?

I'm pretty sure Daniel and Henrik, Bieksa, Edler, and Hamhuis would have made the L.A. Team.

You don't have to be so vindictive.

I was more making the point that it's hard for a young kid to stick on a great team with tonnes of forward depth with prospects like Toffoli and Pearson ahead on the depth chart

You say that like it's a problem, but you're mixing up two separate issues.

That's some elitism right there. Many of us have full time jobs/careers plus family, friends, and many other obligations. I sure can't keep track of all thirty teams, every game they play, and all of the prospects they have in their system. Oh, and all the junior players, too, that haven't been drafted yet. I watch what I can, and I read what I can, but I also don't claim to be an expert.

I try to get what information I can before forming opinions, though, which definitely extends to new players like Vey. And from what I've heard, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Simple as that.

So, just because some of you have already been scouting the next crop of five-year-old players, doesn't mean the rest of us are complete mouth-breathers. You have an issue, more specifically, with the fans that say "I haven't heard of him so he must be a plug", while many of us are saying "I'm not an expert on all things hockey, but I can't wait for the season to start and to watch what effect all of Benning's changes will have on this franchise".

Well then hats off to you for putting in an effort to gather up all the information at hand before forming an opinion. I respect that.

I said: "Too many people on CDC". I'm not one of those idiots who calls out a whole fan base when certain fans think in a certain way. I'm just saying that some people are immediately way too wary of newcomers, because they are too lazy and ignorant to do some of the homework for themselves before they aimlessly make a judgement on a player just because they know nothing about him.

edit: spelling

Archived