The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Linden Vey accepts qualifying offer

Vey is the X Factor to this whole season.

It's one thing if Kassian and Jensen, and possibly Horvat and Matthias had breakout years.

But if 2 of those 4 do (If Horvat plays at all)

And Vey blends into Desjardins style.

then our whole team looks really really deep all of a sudden Daniel injured and Burrows cold or not.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Jensen Bonino Kassian

Burrows Vey Higgins

Matthias Richardson Dorsett

Horvat Hansen

Add in a Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Fox, and Virtanen + McCann and this team is a top 10 team for years, not even considering the years of drafts to come under benning.

Vey is the X Factor to this whole season.

It's one thing if Kassian and Jensen, and possibly Horvat and Matthias had breakout years.

But if 2 of those 4 do (If Horvat plays at all)

And Vey blends into Desjardins style.

then our whole team looks really really deep all of a sudden Daniel injured and Burrows cold or not.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Jensen Bonino Kassian

Burrows Vey Higgins

Matthias Richardson Dorsett

Horvat Hansen

Add in a Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Fox, and Virtanen + McCann and this team is a top 10 team for years, not even considering the years of drafts to come under benning.

I have to disagree somewhat here.You have players playing wrong wings and the Sedin's,Vrbata,Burrows,Miller,Bieksa,Hamhuis & Higgins are all older players and going to slow down not stay the same.Then other players contracts will run out and we will have big holes , but by then some of our younger players will be coming up.It will be hard for us to staya playoff team unless we get 6 to 10 more great young players that can step right in and takes these places.I think we will stay competative but untill we get a young group with a couple older players we won't be as good as you think.

I was more making the point that it's hard for a young kid to stick on a great team with tonnes of forward depth with prospects like Toffoli and Pearson ahead on the depth chart

And I was more making the point of correcting a fallacy.

Just checked out Vey's junior statistics with Medicine Hat..In his last year he had 46 goals..116 points...Very impressive..I'm just wondering why he slipped so far down the draft..?...(4th round 96th overall).

A bit small, is a playmaking winger, and does everything with an average ability. A bit on the slow side, he kinda reminds me of Hodgson, but a poor-man's version?

This will be the do or die year for him as far as his NHL future goes. Having his Medicine Hat coach will hopefully spark him.

Toffoli was a 2nd rounder and Pearson was a 30th overall. Vey was a 4th rounder. Man, I dunno. Didn't we just get suckered by LA again while burning another decent pick? A pick we traded Garrison for? Damn.

What if Vey doesn't work out as the 3C? Is he really ready? He's only played 18 games and alot of them were on the 4th line, I think maybe we could start him off at RW move up Matthias and move Hansen down.

A bit small, is a playmaking winger, and does everything with an average ability. A bit on the slow side, he kinda reminds me of Hodgson, but a poor-man's version?

This will be the do or die year for him as far as his NHL future goes. Having his Medicine Hat coach will hopefully spark him.

Toffoli was a 2nd rounder and Pearson was a 30th overall. Vey was a 4th rounder. Man, I dunno. Didn't we just get suckered by LA again while burning another decent pick? A pick we traded Garrison for? Damn.

In his 3rd draft year.

not entirely convinced by vey yet.

i'm in the camp where this is his do or die year as well. he either performs well, and fills a role in the line up. or he doesn't - and fans will be disappointed.

i really hope vey breaks out, and has a good year.

not entirely convinced by vey yet.

i'm in the camp where this is his do or die year as well. he either performs well, and fills a role in the line up. or he doesn't - and fans will be disappointed.

i really hope vey breaks out, and has a good year.

He's a top 5 scorer in the AHL. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Unless he suddenly forgets how to play hockey, he'll be on our roster and will continue to develop in the NHL.

That 'comparable' suggests that you are all pretenses here and don't know much about the player you are talking about.

From the looks of things, Linden Vey has shown an ability to learn how to play at each league's pace. You can tell by the stats alone. It takes him a couple years, but just by this, it sounds like we traded for a guy with decent hockey smarts. He will be fine, but we have to temper expectations. To think he will get Matthias' or Richardson's spot on the 3rd and 4th lines in just Ludacris. He has the potential to make it there or even to a top 6 center, but not yet.

Sedin-Sedin-vrbata

Burr-Bonino-kassian

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Vey-Richardson-dorsett

Sestito

Just checked out Vey's junior statistics with Medicine Hat..In his last year he had 46 goals..116 points...Very impressive..I'm just wondering why he slipped so far down the draft..?...(4th round 96th overall).

Maybe he was drafted the year before and those were his stats the year after being drafted. I have no idea but it's a possibility. Look into the year drafted and his points that year

Did the work for you in his 2009 draft year he had

24G

51assists

From the looks of things, Linden Vey has shown an ability to learn how to play at each league's pace. You can tell by the stats alone. It takes him a couple years, but just by this, it sounds like we traded for a guy with decent hockey smarts. He will be fine, but we have to temper expectations. To think he will get Matthias' or Richardson's spot on the 3rd and 4th lines in just Ludacris. He has the potential to make it there or even to a top 6 center, but not yet.

Sedin-Sedin-vrbata

Burr-Bonino-kassian

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Vey-Richardson-dorsett

Sestito

When Benning said that it was his spot to take, I'm sure he was talking about the 13th spot. Everyone seems to think he has the 3rd line centre locked up. I agree with your choices except Sestito is above him and I think he will rotate in and out depending on opponents.

Archived