The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value Of) Hunter Shinkaruk

What do people think his value is?

A player that is thrown into every trade proposal out there, what is his value? A player ranked top 10 in his draft class until injuries which he may or may not have had at the time, made him fall to us. A player that I see playing alongside Bo Horvat in the future. A player with tremendous skill that is producing handsomely at the pro level all be it the A. This kid has done it at EVERY level, lastly leading his Medicine Hate Tigers before the A. He was over a PPG pace in the A and correct me if I'm wrong, but his PPG is still better than Nylander's.

So lets TRADE him and watch him become an elite scorer in the league while we scramble to figure out what wrong with a latest acquisition in Drouin, or whoever.

I've followed this kid even before we drafted him and I swear, my heart dropped when we picked him. He has the tools (hands, shot, IQ). Please everyone, do your research on the guy and know what you're thinking about giving away before you post it.

Cheers guys! Feel free to quote me on this - Shinkaruk will be a much better player than drouin in the NHL.

Thanks for reading.

We Are All Canucks.

He's 2 years away from being a full time NHLer, he needs to get stronger.

I'd try to offer Steve Y a package of Hamhuis, Shinkaruk, and a 2nd or 3rd for Carle (cap dump) and Drouin at the trade deadline.

Tampa gets out of Carle's contract and free up some money to re sign Stamkos. They get Hamhuis to replace Carle for a playoff run plus a decent prospect and a pick. 

Get er done JB.

Shink should be untouchable. He is doing everything they have asked of him and at a young age. we have to see what he can do for us before even considering a trade. He could turn out to be a patrick kane like player. I love that he has a bit of cockiness to him too.

No way Torts. Go back to Columbus. If we're making a trade, we're trading a pending UFA like Vrbata, Hamhuis, or Prust. Top prospects are untouchable, same with youth on the Canucks' roster. Trade those pending UFAs in order to salvage the assets through the draft. We're building our future, trading a piece of that away is a step back.

Well duh, hes worth a 1st. If you drafted a forward in next year's draft and 2 years later he starts producing at a ppg pace at the AHL level, you would say that prospect is progressing well. That is exactly where Shinkaruk is at now, so why wouldnt he be worth a 1st at the very least? The beauty of it is, Shinkaruk has a bucket full of skills and is not a fully soft perimeter player. 

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd try to offer Steve Y a package of Hamhuis, Shinkaruk, and a 2nd or 3rd for Carle (cap dump) and Drouin at the trade deadline.

Tampa gets out of Carle's contract and free up some money to re sign Stamkos. They get Hamhuis to replace Carle for a playoff run plus a decent prospect and a pick. 

Get er done JB.

Interesting idea.

Pretty much the only asset I'd consider trading him for would be a young,  potentially elite level PMD. 

I'm thinking a Poulliot,  Theodore,  Sanheim, or  Bowey type of young defenceman. That is a glaring deficiency in our organization right now which cannot be denied. 

We have scoring coming into the system.  We have no top-end  defenceman. 

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Get er done JB.

I think he's much closer than 2 years.  If he's still around next year he'll be on the opening roster.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Second rounder, same as Vey and Baer were?

I'd say he's worth a smidgen more than that. Late 1st/early 2nd.

He has that "1st rounder" pedigree that Vey doesn't have, and has less of a supposed "attitude problem" as Baer did (not that I believe he ever did).

19 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say he's worth a smidgen more than that. Late 1st/early 2nd.

He has that "1st rounder" pedigree that Vey doesn't have, and has less of a supposed "attitude problem" as Baer did (not that I believe he ever did).

How about his value is worth more to us keeping him, than it would be the return if traded?  

The only reason why Jensen was moved was because he was in his last year of his ELC and next year he would have to clear waivers.  He wasn't showing that he was ready to make the jump to the NHL.

Shink is progressing just fine so why on earth would he be on the market?  Benning is on record saying that he won't be trading his young prospects.

On January 8, 2016 at 11:56 PM, WHL rocks said:

Get er done JB.

And you think this proposal is realistic? HAHAHAHAHA I just lost the last bit of respect I had remaining for you. 

Archived