The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

23 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

We have no choice but to be patient with Juolevi but... But so far he hasn't maintained any consistent forward momentum in his development.  It's one thing after another.  When I take a chance venturing into this thread, I risk being disappointed more often then not. 

Oh well... We have have many other exciting prospect threads to visit... And Juolevi may still turn out to be a decent defencemen for us for years to come... But I've let go of the hope that he'll live up to his original billing as top 2 defencemen.

Having the flu is not a character flaw.  

You need a time out of this thread if you really believe that having the flu is somehow related to being injury prone.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Having the flu is not a character flaw.  

You need a time out of this thread if you really believe that having the flu is somehow related to being injury prone.  

Come on, little snowflake...

Real men suck it up, come to work, and infect their teammates!

14 hours ago, D-Money said:

Come on, little snowflake...

Real men suck it up, come to work, and infect their teammates!

Spot the anti Vaxxer???   

Vaccines are for pu$$is!!

To be fair, it could open a roster spot on the parent team if OJ can get enough teammates to pass it along.  Then Edler goes down and OJ gets called up!  Genius.  

It's the same thing kids do to grandparents.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Okay, okay, okay... I get it.  Considering the context I used... I deserved to be flamed.  I'll step away from the ledge lol!

No point in voicing my concerns when there really based from a 'feeling'.  I'll see myself out.:P

OJ , by all accounts has been playing great..

Please Fill out the required paperwork  before you exit the building.

C49635DD-DAD6-469E-8123-5A768691A764.jpeg
.... geezuz...  I feel a suspension coming.

:picard:.     There taking all the fun outta the game Ma.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They're not even credible rumors. Freid just speculated.

This is where the hype of the TDL trumps logical thought. Simmonds does not make much sense especially when the prospect pool has options that make more sense. It is a great goal to make playoffs but the Canucks will not be serious contenders. If that is the assumption then the playoffs are an opportunity to give this team some experience and an opportunity by management to evaluate their players and needs moving forward. Benning isn't moving OJ or Woo. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Please not Juolevi! Injuries stunted his development but there’s still hope for him in becoming a top 4 dman in the NHL!

Have to think that if Juolevi is being dangled, then Rathbone is signing at the end of this year and has a legitimate shot at making the team within the next couple of years. With Edler and Hughes in front on LD, there really is only one spot left for the two (Brisebois could be a stop gap bottom pairing guy until Edler retires). So I could see Juolevi being shopped, but I would expect a better return than just Simmonds or Wood. I imagine if this were in the talks that we must have a serious cap dump going back the other way involved. Which would make sense if we are shipping out a bottom 6 cap dump and replacing with a short term bottom 6 player.

Woo in the rumours kinda surprises me. RD isn't a strong area for us.