Scorevat

Nikolay Goldobin | #77 | LW/RW

Goldy nice game. Great play on the assist. Nice work chasing down pucks and battling on the boards. Earned some more games tonight.

• Upvote 1

He played very well in his first game of the year.  Not only did he generate offence and pick up a point,  he was engaged on d as well. 

I think if if he plays a few more games like this last one,  his AHL days will be behind him.

goldobin has been more of an under the radar prospect for is this year,  given the success of demo,  dahlen,  Juolevi,  gaudette,  Lind,  and petterson. If he can step up and produce,  it also allows us to move someone on the roster for extra picks or prospects.  It's going to be an exciting couple of years for us!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Played well tonight.   Showed good instincts and you can see his defensive game is growing.

Loved his back check on a play where the d-man pinched. Took the puck away and turned up ice. Very nice first game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

Wow Goldy’s game has grown leaps and bounds since I’ve last seen him.

Indeed. good to see he's worked on exactly what he needed to. Hopefully he can keep it up :) 

Like with Virtanen, he'll need to buy in that he has to bring it every night to be that "everyday player", or like Jake he'll be in and out of the lineup.

18 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Like with Virtanen, he'll need to buy in that he has to bring it every night to be that "everyday player", or like Jake he'll be in and out of the lineup.

i think Jake will still eventually be an every day player on the Canucks. fringe second line player. elite third liner. he’s on pace for about 22 points this year. hoping he starts to be more consistent with his game and starts producing more offensively. 

Goldie looked great last night. I bet JB & Co. were thrilled to see him play like that. He just made Burmistrov expendable. Give Goldie the minutes and then have him speak to Tree to help get him back.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

I’ve watched every game and I’ve seen really good things out of jake. Honestly I think he need more ice time if you really want him to take the next step. other then a couple game he’s played solid and you really can’t expect him to pile up the point with like 9 minutes of ice time a night. I’d like to see him get 13-15 a night.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I agree. I think he has shown a lot of improvement but there is a ways to go yet. Although with injuries he may be up for a while but I think he finishes the majority of the year with Utica and will hopefully be ready to take on a full time spot with the nucks next season.