The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the Summer of 2017 Coaching canditates

nickels

54 minutes ago, Pears said:

Don't fool yourself. Goaltending was far and away the main reason the playoffs were even a slight possibility at one point. 

Oh you're so very right. Miller is MVP but willy had these guys working hard every game and in it every game 

note: I'm not a willy advocate I just call it the way I see it

It's safe to say anyone and everyone that has mentioned anyone before me on this thread, will be an upgrade lol. Now it's tough to choose honestly, lots of good candidates, I wouldn't want to be the guy choosing. Just hire a coach who can adapt quickly and efficiently. A coach is a general who should constantly be adapting during the game, line changes, personnel, when to call a time out, etc..blah blah

i kinda think half the posters on cdc should be candidates

since they strongly believe they know more than willy and the canuck management

but i think they could not stand the heat of being in the spotlight

edit: maybe some of the talking heads on tsn1040 should be considered as well

Would love to see Crawford with this young group in the future. Pretty sure he would let the kids play. On the other hand, who better than to keep up with player development than Green?

At this point I would take Fin... not sure I can handle another year of that crusty 'stache and his "deployments" (or lack thereof).

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Wally Buono

4 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

I dunno..... Willie, Wally.... some fans are bound to get mixed up::D

LOL, he may be the best coach not in NFL, imo excluding college coaches.    But seriously, I prefer Green for this rebuilding team and hire an experience coach once they become a veteran team or Green could turn out to be one of best coach, who knows?

10 hours ago, combover said:

Someone willing to let young players make mistakes and learn from it.

Someone willing to play young players in ALL Situations.

someone willing to teach and give young guys confidence and defined rolls. 

Someone that will preach sound defence while playing an upbeat style using speed and skill 

someone that will let physical players play physically / push back

Someone that will see who's part of the actual future and focus on giving them the best opportunity to succeed.

Not sure another roookie coach is the answer. Rather see  a guy with a history  that is proven and effective with youth. 

plus, someone that is aware that coaching a rebuilding team and losing games, will get him run out of town and turned on by the fans and media. 84 wins, please.

Anyone but Green.

I don't get the love for Green on this board. Green is a guy who relies on veterans, just as much as Willie does. He wouldn't be any better than Willie, honestly.

If Willie does get the axe. These would be my top choices.

- Gerard Gallant

- Ralph Krueger 

- Kevin Dineen

- Paul MacLean

11 hours ago, combover said:

Someone willing to let young players make mistakes and learn from it.

Someone willing to play young players in ALL Situations.

someone willing to teach and give young guys confidence and defined rolls. 

Someone that will preach sound defence while playing an upbeat style using speed and skill 

someone that will let physical players play physically / push back

Someone that will see who's part of the actual future and focus on giving them the best opportunity to succeed.

Not sure another roookie coach is the answer. Rather see  a guy with a history  that is proven and effective with youth. 

Just one more ridiculous list from you. You live in a parallel universe, it's obvious now.

52 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Anyone but Green.

I don't get the love for Green on this board. Green is a guy who relies on veterans, just as much as Willie does. He wouldn't be any better than Willie, honestly.

- Gerard Gallant

- Ralph Krueger 

- Kevin Dineen

- Paul MacLean

Are you serious?

Willie is hardly relying on veterans, which team are you watching?

Oh and why not check the records of some of these hilarious names before posting.

This thread is a testament to the absolute fantasy world some of you live in.

59 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Anyone but Green.

- Gerard Gallant

- Ralph Krueger 

- Kevin Dineen

- Paul MacLean

Green healthy scratches Subban in Utica, and he's lauded for building character.

Green scratches (insert young talented player) or limits his icetime in VANCOUVER and...whoa Nelly.

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

plus, someone that is aware that coaching a rebuilding team and losing games, will get him run out of town and turned on by the fans and media. 84 wins, please.

Hiring Green out of Utica would be like dragging fresh meat to the camp fire.

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

This +1 (out of +'s)

13 hours ago, stawns said:

Except Green knows most of the players, knows how to motivate them and they all know him 

good point, I just am wondering if that overcomes a novice coach. It didn't with WD. I wouldn't be opposed to Green but that would be the 1 thing I'd be wondering about but of course he could change that pretty fast. 

Archived