The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Tanev and Edler need to stay with the nucks to mentor the youth until retirement. They are defense version of Sedins.

Ya, remember that time when they each won the Norris Trophy in consecutive years for being the best in the world at their position. Those were great years.

30 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

This... draft glass and liljegrin

Liljegren is an interesting one most people have him slipped wayyy down the line so im clueless in where he should be drafted lol

i think it'd be worth taking the risk and seeing how far he'd slip and make a trade up from second to get him

i also wouldn't mind taking on niemi or lehtenen's contract with Dallas other first pick maybe for our 4th or 3rd

36 minutes ago, combover said:

So his value can depreciate and he can give a list of teams that pay next to nothing for him next season or later this year.

Now benning saying he might trade the 5th pick and move down in the draft. Can't wait for him benning be standing in the unemployment line next summer.vancouver is  A terrible version of Kevin Lowe as gm and Kevin Lowe was awful. 

Yeah, but who would you have to talk about when he's gone?

regards,  G.

I've got mixed feelings about moving Tanev...

On one hand, Tanev's value is likely at nearly its peak.  He has shown a bit of an injury issue, and he's not getting any younger as he hits his late 20s.  So his value will likely drop from next season onwards.  The time to move him is likely now.

However, on the other hand, moving Tanev means our young defencemen will be learning mostly from Edler and Guddy.  I don't think we know enough about what Guddy brings to the table on the ice yet, but I know that Edler shows a lack of intensity game-in and  game-out.  I really wouldn't want guys like Juolevi learning from Edler.  So it'd be better to keep Tanev around. 

So which is it gonna be?  I think Benning never makes a deal unless he gets what he feels a player is worth.  With VGK flooding the market with defencemen right now, I don't see Tanev going anywhere until after VGK is done with their moves, and teams grab the d-men that they want in free agency.  If I were a betting man, I'd bet that Tanev starts the year with the Canucks, and gets moved at the TDL depending on how Guddy performs.

15 minutes ago, goblix said:

Liljegren is an interesting one most people have him slipped wayyy down the line so im clueless in where he should be drafted lol

i think it'd be worth taking the risk and seeing how far he'd slip and make a trade up from second to get him

i also wouldn't mind taking on niemi or lehtenen's contract with Dallas other first pick maybe for our 4th or 3rd

Liljegren is shaping up to be this years Chychrun. If anyone remembers from last year, Chychrun is who I was gunning for almost the entire year. He saw his stock drop greatly in the last half of the year. I think both players will be a great steal if Liljegren ends up dropping to around the mid point of the first round like Chychrun did. I could see Vegas taking him with one of their mid picks. 

After loosing Tyramkin and Sbisa next years line up will probably be something close to this!

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Beartchi Horvat Boesser

Bouchier Sutter Eriksson

Gaunce Chaput Virtanen

Rodin

Edler Stetcher

Hutton Tanev

Juolevi Gudbranson

Holm Biega

Pedan Subban

Markstrom 

Miller 

43 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Liljegren is shaping up to be this years Chychrun. If anyone remembers from last year, Chychrun is who I was gunning for almost the entire year. He saw his stock drop greatly in the last half of the year. I think both players will be a great steal if Liljegren ends up dropping to around the mid point of the first round like Chychrun did. I could see Vegas taking him with one of their mid picks. 

Yeah I agree, I think he'll be a steal if in fact the NHL teams have his stock dropped like with Chychrun.

I think 8th would be a tough pick to take him though not in terms of skill wise or because I don't like the player but because I think there would be an opportunity to snipe him in the mid to late teens.

Robin Salo is also going to be a late first or early 2nd steal in the draft.

I'd go nuts if we ended up walking away from the draft with Glass, Petterson, Liljegren and Salo

:frantic:

14 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

After loosing Tyramkin and Sbisa next years line up will probably be something close to this!

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Beartchi Horvat Boesser

Bouchier Sutter Eriksson

Gaunce Chaput Virtanen

Rodin

Edler Stetcher

Hutton Tanev

Juolevi Gudbranson

Holm Biega

Pedan Subban

Markstrom 

Miller 

Pretty close I think. Although i dont see Rodin on the team at all and Virt and OJ will only get short looks.

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

NJD

Tanev (i know Benning threw cold water on this)

5 OA '17

VAN

1 OA '17

Draft Patrick

I lol'd

7 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Not enough for the 1st OA

then I lol'd again

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

His no trade clause only allows him to refuse to be moved to 8 teams.

It's pretty much a non factor.

Whoah, whoah... 8 team is almost 1/3 of the league. If Tanev doesn't want to move and gives us a 'Vrbata' list leaving a bunch of teams off that would have zero need/desire to trade for him, now you're looking at basically half the league.

That highly effects negotiating strength, available suitors and trade value. Then there's the aforementioned risk of injur. If there's a solid deal before July 1, Benning should take it.

Now granted, that solid deal has to actually be there.

11 minutes ago, goblix said:

Yeah I agree, I think he'll be a steal if in fact the NHL teams have his stock dropped like with Chychrun.

I think 8th would be a tough pick to take him though not in terms of skill wise or because I don't like the player but because I think there would be an opportunity to snipe him in the mid to late teens.

Robin Salo is also going to be a late first or early 2nd steal in the draft.

I'd go nuts if we ended up walking away from the draft with Glass, Petterson, Liljegren and Salo

:frantic:

I think Salo doesn't go until late 2nd/early 3rd. Love to nab him with our CBJ pick.

18 minutes ago, Me_ said:

NJD

Tanev (i know Benning threw cold water on this)

5 OA '17

VAN

1 OA '17

Draft Patrick

If I recall, NJ has around 23 million in cap. I don't see them trading away the selling point of their upcoming season: Nolan Patrick. If they really had a pressing need for a defenseman, and trading the 1st overall is an indication of that, they'd target someone more dynamic than Tanev. NJ's defense is horrible, no arguing that, but it can be remedied in free agency without losing out on a stud like Patrick that they so desperately need.

Ultimately losing Tryamkin and Sbisa made a Tanev deal nearly impossible for JB to make at this time.  After the UFA dust settles he will have a clearer picture of what his dcorp looks like.  Let's hope CT can stay healthy until the deadline

I wonder if the New York trade opens up another possibility.

Trading the 7th overall for Tanev+Subban

We get a pick in the range we need, New York improves their defence with a top RD, plus they get a B level prospect to help fill a really thin pool of talent.  We move out someone we appear to have no interest in.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Ultimately losing Tryamkin and Sbisa made a Tanev deal nearly impossible for JB to make at this time.  After the UFA dust settles he will have a clearer picture of what his dcorp looks like.  Let's hope CT can stay healthy until the deadline

gillis candy kicks in on july first so we have until then to trade him

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

When Tryamkin jumped ship I knew there would be a trickle down effect that would hamper JB.  Losing Sbisa just adds to the handcuffing.  I suspect that if we see a veteran UFA dman come here the goal will be to move Tanev at the trade deadline.

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

When Tryamkin jumped ship I knew there would be a trickle down effect that would hamper JB.  Losing Sbisa just adds to the handcuffing.  I suspect that if we see a veteran UFA dman come here the goal will be to move Tanev at the trade deadline.

Tanev could still move.  It will just take a team, who really wants him, to step up with a better offer than JB is getting right now.  Maybe the Rangers will offer up #7 now they have it?  Their coach is AV, and we all know he loves Tanev.

Archived