The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

The photo going around is from this video:

Petey doesn't look quite as big compared to the photo, but still definitely put on some lbs.... and who knows when the video was actually shot .

It was published August 20 but recorded sometime in the summer. 

Funny thing is that when I looked for this video I read another interview were Petey talked about Dahlen. 

Tha journalist talked about the chemistry betweenthe Sedins. 

Petey said that Dahlen needs to pass the puck to Petey more if so. Valuable info for Brock... Pass the puck more to Petey. B)

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:40 AM, redhdlois said:

Monahan most overrated stuck up POS in the league.  How is Horvat not in the top 100 while this plug is in the top 50?  All he does is sit in the middle of the ice waiting for Johnny to pass him the puck.  By the eye test Horvat is the far superior player.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

sophmore year...not sure what to expect tbh. His preseason training results and how the chemisty will be with the new linemates (Miller?). But like the commentators said the sky is the limit..... realistically id say 70-80 points unless he gets some of those extreme games where he gets 5 points or so. 100 i think is over the top to expect, especially since all the teams know they have to keep extra attention on no 40 in the nucks jersey. I think its gonna be tough. 

8 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Petey looks a lot bigger, taller too.  He was 6'2" 176 last year - if he is 6'3" 190 this season he will be the devil to stop - 100 points not out of the question.

I see Petey getting 100 plus.  Bess getting 70 plus.  Hughes getting 60 plus.  We are definitely making the playoffs too.  And not only that, we are going a couple rounds.  

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I see Petey getting 100 plus.  Bess getting 70 plus.  Hughes getting 60 plus.  We are definitely making the playoffs too.  And not only that, we are going a couple rounds.  

Hey Alf i have quoted you on this previously and will do again. ( I mean no disrespect and i love your optimism) but no player (defender) since Lidstrom in 1992 has hit 60+ points in a rookie season. I hope Quinn does but we need to curb the expectations and be realistic. if he hits 45 thats awesome anything over that is freakin amazing. I am very happy if in 10 months i am wrong to apologise to you unreservedly.

By the way I am so pumped for this upcoming season

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Predicting the board will crash when it’s revealed EP’s current weight is 179 pounds. ;)

But he is bigger....and taller......and doesn't have any more split endz!!

He is at least 6'6" and 227 lbs....

Jeebus...people on here need to settle down. :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

But he is bigger....and taller......and doesn't have any more split endz!!

He is at least 6'6" and 227 lbs....

Jeebus...people on here need to settle down. :frantic:

Pre camp angst is normal.  10-20 games in and things will calm down.  Hopefully.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Hey Alf i have quoted you on this previously and will do again. ( I mean no disrespect and i love your optimism) but no player (defender) since Lidstrom in 1992 has hit 60+ points in a rookie season. I hope Quinn does but we need to curb the expectations and be realistic. if he hits 45 thats awesome anything over that is freakin amazing. I am very happy if in 10 months i am wrong to apologise to you unreservedly.

By the way I am so pumped for this upcoming season

Very true.  

One caveat for Quinn is how much his breakouts will impact the forwards he plays with and the PP.  Teams will be hard pressed to contain him.  Defensive assignments will get missed and leave forwards open.  

Giving EP40 and Brock an extra  few seconds to get a shot of will lead to a dramatic increase in scoring.  Not saying Hughes will be like Lidstrom.  Hughes could be the right guy at the right time.  

Hughes has a unique skill set that could gel brilliantly with Ep40's unique skill set.  Unpredictable results are possible.  

I cannot remember ever having two young rookie/sophomore players this good on any nucks team.  

Bure was amazing, how good would he have been with a d man like Hughes setting him up?  

• Upvote 2

TBH this is possible: assuming everyone is healthy (my top 6 below, replace Pearson for Baertschi on 2nd line? )

Petey: 80 points

Boeser: 70 points

Ferland: 50 points

Horvat: 60 points

Miller: 50 points

Pearson : 40 points

-------------------------

Hughes : 35 points

Myers + Edler : 25 points

Now this could happen but the chances are slim

Petey: 90 points

Boeser: 75 points

Ferland: 60 points (assuming he's on 1st line all year)

Horvat: 65 points

Miller: 55 points

Pearson : 50 points

-------------------------

Hughes : 45 points

Myers + Edler : 30 points

Edited by PunjabiCanucks