The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

On 11/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, -AJ- said:

Possibly, but I'd hope Dhaliwal wouldn't be that disingenuous.

He's not there yet, but he's certainly figured out how to use some key terms to get Canucks fans to overreact.

Saying that Pettersson is going to "cost" Vancouver $X is a weird way to phrase things. With the cap going up, 9 million for Petey is a bargain. 

3 hours ago, khay said:

With the recent strong showings, it's more clear and clear that our window to win the cup will open up very soon, maybe it will start as soon as this year. If we can somehow lock up Petey at 9mil per year, that would leave enough cap room to keep the team competitive for many years to come (assuming Hughes comes in at a lower cap hit than Petey).

I think our window will be wide open when Eriksson + Luongo's 9M cap comes off the book, at which point we will be able to afford our version of Marian Hossa to complete the lineup... unfortunately, that will be in 3 seasons (including this one). It's hard to imagine winning the cup when 11% of the team's cap is basically dead (9mil of 81 mil = 11.11% of the cap for Eriksson and Luongo). We could even go after Taylor Hall if it weren't for Eriksson and Luongo's cap hit, and open the window to win the cup as soon as next season. 

there will not be extra money like you hope and suggest

hughes is up for a new contract at same time ep40 is

all our cap space will be used up signing those 2

and filling out the roster with non elite players

edit:  and i mean quality non elite players

this team should not adopt the laff model of signing too many elite

and forcing the rest of the roster to end up being closer to fringe nhl players

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

Pettersson cracks the top 100 in al-time Canuck scoring with his pair of goals tonight, the night of his birthday.

98.  Barry Wilkins D 276 21 69 90
99.  Elias Pettersson C 90 36 53 89
100.  Paulin Bordeleau RW 183 33 56 89
101.  Dana Murzyn D 452 23 65 88
102.  Steve Tambellini LW 161 42 45 87
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Pettersson passes a couple with his assist tonight to move into 95th in all-time Canuck scoring.

94.  Rosaire Paiement RW 147 44 47 91
95.  Elias Pettersson C 92 36 55 91
96.  Steve Bozek LW 191 46 44 90
97.  Radim Vrbata RW 142 44 46 90

1 hour ago, #Canucks said:

Bromance still cookin’!

302776D0-513E-4F4F-8D9D-D5E789466D7A.jpeg

Looking at this photo, Petey might actually be 6'4 like what was reported in that one swedish article over the summer. Brock is 6'1 and Petey looks at least 2-3 inches taller. Could just be the angle though.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

Looking at this photo, Petey might actually be 6'4 like what was reported in that one swedish article over the summer. Brock is 6'1 and Petey looks at least 2-3 inches taller. Could just be the angle though.

Probably the angle, but I was thinking the same thing. He's reportedly 6'2", but I'd wager he's closer to 6'3" now.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It's nice that EP is seemingly "struggling" offensively... yet he's on pace for 97 points.

He’s definitely not getting the bounces and to some extent he’s been frustrated by tight checking, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him doing a bit better numbers wise going forward  But I agree, we really can’t complain either way...

EP talked in the off-season about being ready for 82 games so I think he’s playing more paced by design, almost like a vet already. Playing with Miller probably helps as well. 

The one thing I don’t like is that he gets loads of shifts with the 3rd D for some reason, which means he rarely gets the puck on his stick with speed. That’s a shame since he really is flying when he picks up speed. 

17 hours ago, J-P said:

The one thing I don’t like is that he gets loads of shifts with the 3rd D for some reason, which means he rarely gets the puck on his stick with speed. That’s a shame since he really is flying when he picks up speed. 

Probably because most of the time when Petey is on the ice, the other team is matching up their shutdown line to try to counter him. In turn we would save our better D for the opponents more imposing scoring lines.

Edited by Bitter Melon