The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a few hour reading through this and man the level of salt when we picked EP. I wonder how many people want Glass or Vilardi now. 

also the amount of bashing Makar got as well in this thread and loot at him now. 

i think this just proves CDC and draft knowledge/results a few years down the line is pretty poor 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Spent a few hour reading through this and man the level of salt when we picked EP. I wonder how many people want Glass or Vilardi now. 

also the amount of bashing Makar got as well in this thread and loot at him now. 

i think this just proves CDC and draft knowledge/results a few years down the line is pretty poor 

Went back and read the first 5 pages.... Interesting how some posters saw the potential and others had already dismissed him as a bust and that Benning should be fired. Only goes to show that what you post may come back to kick you in the A... butt years later Lol. I think we should all be happy that Benning and the scouts are making the picks and not us. They have done pretty well so far IMO.

On 6/24/2017 at 2:21 AM, messier's_elbow said:

Like I've said I don't mind Petterson he has good skill but he's 165 pounds and has a lot of development to do. Vilardi and Glass have NHL bodies already and also have skill. Everyone making fun of me for Vilardi falling to 11 will get a wake up call in a few years when Vilardi is a star with the kings. 

How’s that wake up call coming on 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, Harvey Specter said:

That was definitely some crazy hockey IQ - props to Petey for trying it out - I was trying to figure out how he got the puck cross-crease to Toffoli like a slingshot and then I came across this Twitter post (stick-tap to Aaron and the same word choice too!) and the slow-mo reverse angle of the beauty. :towel:

Mystery solved, and if you frame-by-frame watch it, you can see how the puck was in the back of the net just a moment before Lehner and Martinez both re-directed their attention to Toffoli :shock:

Are people blind? he didn't use the net and his knee to slingshot himself around. He lifted up his knee and leg so he could turn closer to the net otherwise his skate would have hit the net. There was no slingshotting around the net. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

He was using the gravity of the net to slingshot himself. Don’t you know physics dude?!?

Not surprising an alien would know how to calculate the complex gravitational field of a net though.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not but the net has no gravity. 

• Haha 1

Why wait till the 2021 off season to lock this guy up, give him a 8 year deal this off season, same could be said for Hughes also. They are the Canucks future lock them in the sooner the better imo. Another stand out season is only going to cost us more even with a flat cap, or 1 of them is going to take a bridge deal and cash in huge in a few years

6 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why wait till the 2021 off season to lock this guy up, give him a 8 year deal this off season, same could be said for Hughes also. They are the Canucks future lock them in the sooner the better imo. Another stand out season is only going to cost us more even with a flat cap, or 1 of them is going to take a bridge deal and cash in huge in a few years

Not aloud to extend under CBA until last year of any deal.

On ELCs I am not even sure you can do it then.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, DrJockitch said:

Not aloud to extend under CBA until last year of any deal.

On ELCs I am not even sure you can do it then.

He can already sign an extension now - there's no different rules for ELCs.  Brodin signed an extension that starts in 2021/22.