The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How does CDC rank Dahlen?

Hortankin

Where do you rank Dahlen?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think he's 3rd best but case can be made for 4th and 5th, but anything lower than 5th on anyone's board they are seriously overlooking him. The kid is a gem.

1. Demko

2. Boeser

3. Dahlen

4. Pettersson

5. Juolevi

Rank based on who you think becomes  the better player in their prime

56 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I think he's 3rd best but case can be made for 4th and 5th, but anything lower than 5th on anyone's board they are seriously overlooking him. The kid is a gem.

1. Demko

2. Boeser

3. Dahlen

4. Pettersson

5. Juolevi

How can you justify placing Dahlen ahead of Pettersson? Pettersson put up similar numbers to Dahlen this year while being a year younger. They are in different tiers as prospects. 

Pettersson has more upside, but Dahlen is the better player right now. He plays hungry.

1. Boeser

2. Demko

3. Juolevi

4. Dahlen 

5. Pettersson 

But Pettersson does deserve the 5th OA pedigree in that he does have the highest ceiling.

6 hours ago, Hortankin said:

1. Demko

2. Boeser

3. Dahlen

4. Pettersson

5. Juolevi

Don't get me wrong, I think Dahlen is a great prospect but I don't see how you can rank him above a potential first line centre and top pairing D man. Also I can't see how a team like Ottawa would give up a prospect THAT GOOD for Burrows... 

Petterson

Boeser

Demko

Juolevi

Lind

Goldobin

Dahlen

Gaudette

Virtanen

Subban

Gadjovich

Brisebois

DiPietro

Zhukenov

Lockwood

My current top 15

Him and Goldobin are sort of the inverse of each other. Dahlen plays a simple game that will likely translate well, but he's not that dynamic offensive threat. Goldobin makes creative, risky plays and he's likely either an effective top-6 player or a bust. 

If you believe in Goldobin, then he's got to be ahead of Dahlen. But if have them one after the other. 

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

5th.

Boeser, Demko, Pettersson, and Juolevi beat him out.

Still think he'll be a damn fine player though.

I've got him about the same - 5th.  Boeser is #1 in my books right now.  If they all make their ceiling, I'll be a happy hockey fan.

Archived