The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

18 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Ack, you're right.

Edler's girl is a Vancouverite. So yeah...probably not happening. Hope firmly destroyed...

The one hesitant I have with living elder is with the sedins nearing retirement. And the amount of Swedes we have coming up. It might be could do have a couple decent mentors on the team to show the kids the ropes of the nhl. 

I dont see the twins last two more years and I’m 50/50 on whether Pettersson makes the team next year so edler might be the guy. With that said a decent trade return trumps everything. 

On 2018-01-28 at 11:17 AM, .Naslund said:

If I spent my whole life in one area or city, became rich beyond my wildest dreams, constantly travelled to 30 fairly major cities in North America yearly, probably met many new friends in multiple cities, and saved up enough money to go and retire peacefully in ANY PART OF THE WORLD, it would be very hard for me to return to return to where I was born, where it is cold....it rains all the time....

if you had all that money , you would enjoy most of the year in our incredible city and then vacation in sunny spots ..    pretty easy to do 

On 2018-01-27 at 9:13 PM, WHL rocks said:

Seabrook to Vancouver?

Why would he waive his NMC for the Canucks. He'd waive for close to 30 teams before Canucks.

I swear, I read somewhere, one of  Seabrook’s player growing up was Trevor Linden. Maybe Linden could entice him to

“come home”.

12 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I swear, I read somewhere, one of  Seabrook’s player growing up was Trevor Linden. Maybe Linden could entice him to

“come home”.

I would hope not...

This being said, if the Canucks did accept a trade which involved Gudbranson for Seabrook then I'd also want three 1st round picks thrown in by the Hawks. The first 1st would be for Gudbranson. The second 1st would be for taking on Seabrook's cap hit at 50%. The third 1st would be for taking Seabrook.

And then maybe they'd still have to add... because it's Seabrook.

regards,  G.

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

What? 

Maybe he means Matthews is going to demand a McDavid contract, leaving little money to build a quality team around him, and that GREATLY reduces his value to Guddy’s level?  My God that was brain numbing to spin.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we do trade him (I’d rather we extend him) I’m thinking it’s still Florida. 

The Panthers are well out of a playoff spot. If they want him they likely go after him in free agency rather than pay the rental price. 

25 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Has there been any new links to Gudbranson and any other teams?

on hfboards.com there are rumors that Pittsburgh have been sending people to Canucks game, probably scouting our players, to reinforce their 3rd line.   So there is a chance they might also have a look at Gudbranson.

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

“come home”.

I back up Shaznak's comments.  I recall reading on hfboards.com or was it here, that Seabrook would waive for Vancouver.

Just noticed 26 year old Fowler is a UFA this year. Man if he makes it to Jul 1, I sure wouldn't hate making a run at him this summer. Move Edler for youth, sign Fowler, preferably re-sign Gudbranson....yes please.

Fowler, Tanev

MDZ, Gudbranson

Hutton, Stecher

Pouliott, Biega

Juolevi in Utica until we trade MDZ.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just noticed 26 year old Fowler is a UFA this year. Man if he makes it to Jul 1, I sure wouldn't hate making a run at him this summer. Move Edler for youth, sign Fowler, preferably re-sign Gudbranson....yes please.

Fowler, Tanev

MDZ, Gudbranson

Hutton, Stecher

Pouliott, Biega

Juolevi in Utica until we trade MDZ.

Fowler wont be a FA for quite some time. His new deal @ 6.5m per kicks in starting next year

Archived